Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all of the very top managers have this, it's intensity and total dedication to every aspect of what you need to do to win football matches. That's why when you read some of the comments from Osman's book about Martinez you know he's never going to become a top manager. I know a couple of people who had insight into the way Benitez worked at Liverpool and he was the same.

Emery should be top of the list for me, if we can't get him then move down to the likes of De Boer. Either way they'll be a massive improvement on Martinez.
You're comparing Martinez to Benitez who has won 2 LaLiga's with a non EL Clasico team,european cup and 2 uefa cups and losing another Champions league final.

Jesus wept.

I'd like that more than anything, as we all do mate. Just think Howe has done a great job and I'd be taking him ahead of quite a few of the more attractive foreign names.

Never forget that these foreign types are nowhere near as attractive as they first sound, Roberto Soldado for one translates to Bob Soldier, Jose Reina is Joe Queen for another. There's countless more.

lol lol lol made me laugh mate

Exactly... But gethe trend then was to appoint from inside England

He played for Inter, let's not forget... There's about a 0.0001% chance of us appointing him. I actually think he will stay at AM for a long time

Yeah, he played for Inter. Laudrup played for Barca and Madrid. Doesn't mean they won't go elsewhere.

Not saying he would but I think he would be the type of manager we will/should be looking at.
Definitely, at minute he's not looking like he will get Barca or Real Madrid job. He's got limited funds at Sevilla. Leicester and Spurs have just smashed the old top four order, there's plenty of money for teams to be competitive. If Moshiri is going to change the club the way that The Esk is talking about then I think we've got a chance to get him. Worth trying anyway in my opinion. If not we move onto others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back