Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got a season ticket, but if we don't announce Mourinho, I will tear up my season ticket and throw it at someone in the street.

It'll take a special person to do something about the mentality of the players now.

Moshiri's / Kenwright's lack of action may be the right P R way to go (orderly transition, no panic etc) but each corrosive week is going to cost us in the future.

I say, bring in the whole "grand oldteam" fanbase, to manage the squad. We could all just shout from the stand.
Problem solved, everyone win.

As much as I want rid of Martinez, sacking a manager can be destabilising, and long drawn out searches for a new manager can be particularly damaging. I know our circumstances are completely different from the summer of 1997, but that is a very good example of what we would want to avoid. It is for this reason that my first choice is now Pellegrini. With him being a free agent at the end of the season, there will be no delays in arranging a compensation package to his previous employer, he should be able to start work straight away.

Yeah Pelligrini is going to leave and come here right now with a Champions League semi final just around the corner...

This. Played like strangers. Chasing shadows for most of the game.

They dont have belief in the manager. They lack confidence.

We need the bounce of a new manager. Apart from this next two games, our season is over.

Perfect chance.

Get Sheedy/Dunc/Joe Royle for the rest of season and appoint long term, Moshiri appointment in the summer.
Tell Rom, Stones, Ross that they are not leaving and they will be staying for the new managers first year at least.
There will only be Jags and Baines left from the Moyes era.
The perfect chance.

Yeah Pelligrini is going to leave and come here right now with a Champions League semi final just around the corner...

You might want to read my post again, as it quite clearly states that I am talking about when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season. He's clearly the best candidate in my eyes, and one which actually lays within the realms of possibility.

We need the bounce of a new manager. Apart from this next two games, our season is over.

Perfect chance.

Get Sheedy/Dunc/Joe Royle for the rest of season and appoint long term, Moshiri appointment in the summer.
Tell Rom, Stones, Ross that they are not leaving and they will be staying for the new managers first year at least.
The perfect chance.
Just feel this won't happen. It would be a huge lift but our club doesn't do "bold."

Perfect chance.

The perfect chance.

If you'd get rid of Jones and Lawrence why wouldn't you get rid of Dunc? He's part of this useless management team, don't understand why he seems to avoid criticism.

Yeah, he played for Inter. Laudrup played for Barca and Madrid. Doesn't mean they won't go elsewhere.

OK, I obviously wasn't saying that he wouldn't go elsewhere but someone suggested he wouldn't go to Italy, which is why I mentioned Inter. Not sure how Laudrup is relevant.

If you'd get rid of Jones and Lawrence why wouldn't you get rid of Dunc? He's part of this useless management team, don't understand why he seems to avoid criticism.

I think with Dunc, this is his first real coaching job. He was brought in by Martinez due to his Everton connections.

I think Jones & Lawrence are part of the package that Martinez brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back