Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about? The post is quite clear. Employing Pellegrini once he becomes a free agent will mean he could start working for Everton straight away, there would be no delay caused by negotiating a compensation package, as no compensation package will be needed.

Oh, I get what you're trying to say. It's poorly worded, but I get it.

It makes perfect sense. If it doesn't make sense to you, there's a problem here.

OK, Simeone is one of the top managers in world football and there's no obvious next destination for him, if he wanted the Inter job he could have it. He's got a connection to the club, it's a good club, it's a decent job and arguably similar to AM when he took it on. Agreed?

Michael Laudrup isn't a good enough manager to have the jobs you mentioned. So, it's not a valid comparison. However, he has also played for and previously managed Brondby (which is much more valid comparison in the context) and I'm sure that if he wanted it again he could have it.

But on the whole, Michael Laudrup is completely irrelevant to my point about Simeone and, regardless, this is well off topic.

After this week coming up i think there is a strong possibility that the scrutiny will be too much not to sack him.

Liverpool game if he is taking the cup seriously we have to play as weak a side as possible with the way we're picking up injuries and that will add pressure to him anyway from the fans that don't see it from a fitness point of view, the result will only go 1 way if we play a weakened side as we struggle enough with our best XI.

Lose the Utd game as well and the fans are going to go in to uproar in wembley, the cup competitions have been his saving grace and if he loses this one as well he has no safety net to fall on as we literally have nothing to play for the rest of this season, even fighting for top 10 is a joke situation to be in.

I would happily take Unsy and Dunc running things till the end of the season, we ain't getting relegated and would give a few of the younger lads a chance to step up in to the first team picture and a chance for Unsy to test himself outside of the youth level without any pressure of results and him being a crowd favourite as is Dunc. They might even get some Everton passion and steel back into this lot.

Then in the summer we can look for a new man in charge and have the possibility of Unsy performing well in the final 4 games and going back down to continue his management development.

OK, Simeone is one of the top managers in world football and there's no obvious next destination for him, if he wanted the Inter job he could have it. He's got a connection to the club, it's a good club, it's a decent job and arguably similar to AM when he took it on. Agreed?

Michael Laudrup isn't a good enough manager to have the jobs you mentioned. So, it's not a valid comparison. However, he has also played for and previously managed Brondby (which is much more valid comparison in the context) and I'm sure that if he wanted it again he could have it.

But on the whole, Michael Laudrup is completely irrelevant to my point about Simeone and, regardless, this is well off topic.

Sorry mate tl;dr

That report is an absolute load of rubbish.

It consists entirely of the managers @The Esk talked about on 5live: Mourinho, Moyes, Koeman and de Boer. Hmm.

Don't bring me further down by saying its rubbish, allow me this moment of a few beers and dreaming that mourinho doing the shhh to the Kop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back