Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emery smashes the RS in the Europa league final, beats them 3-1 and announces he's our new manager for next season.

That's how to introduce yourself to the Goodison faithful

I'd like exactly that, but with him to rip his shirt off as they score the winner against the RS revealing the message "Kopites are gobshites"...

Perhaps I need to temper expectation a touch.

So do some of you believe we can sign Emery and simeone?

Hopefully no one thinks we can get Simeone. Don't think Emery is totally out of the question - wouldn't be surprised if he left Sevilla this summer (been there three and a bit years, may be stagnating slightly - league form hasn't been great) and there aren't loads of top jobs going around.

Simeone - no. Emery yes I think we've got a realistic chance, I'm not sure he'll stay with Sevilla for too much longer.

The league is going to be fascinating next season, pep, klopp, Conte, pochettino, and then you have Koeman, wenger, bilic. Plus more moeny then ever. Jose wants the man u job and get back on the premiership, pellegrini wants to stay in the premiership. Moyes and Rodgers looking for a new job in the premiership so basically you are thinking Emery wants to be part of this league. Would his football suit this league?

The league is going to be fascinating next season, pep, klopp, Conte, pochettino, and then you have Koeman, wenger, bilic. Plus more moeny then ever. Jose wants the man u job and get back on the premiership, pellegrini wants to stay in the premiership. Moyes and Rodgers looking for a new job in the premiership so basically you are thinking Emery wants to be part of this league. Would his football suit this league?
That's my thinking, but obviously he's going to be in demand. From what I've seen of them I think his style of football would be fine in the premiership as Sid Lowe said in the article I posted link from, their fast and intense like their manager. But like any foreign manager they need to adapt to the league.

As much as I want rid of Martinez, sacking a manager can be destabilising, and long drawn out searches for a new manager can be particularly damaging. I know our circumstances are completely different from the summer of 1997, but that is a very good example of what we would want to avoid. It is for this reason that my first choice is now Pellegrini. With him being a free agent at the end of the season, there will be no delays in arranging a compensation package to his previous employer, he should be able to start work straight away.

Tuchel was linked before Martinez how things may be now if he would have came. Would look at De Boer, AVB or Biesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back