Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe? Oh lord. we want or I want someone who wins things consistently at a managerial level

How many of the above actually fit into that category though mate?

I'd take a proven winner in Mourinho or Emery first and foremost, but Howe could comfortably win the Dutch league so i'll take Cocu and De Boer's 'achievements' with a pinch of sal, even McClaren managed it with a god awful Twente team...not many other 'proven winners' up there I can see.

They do but it would take us more years under a manager like Howe to achieve that
Yeah. But why would we want a manager who is starting out? We can afford one who's actually learnt his trade. I'd take Fabio Capello over some sharp dressed, handsome smooth talker.

Remind me lads, what was mourinho before he got his chance? No more than bobby robson's interpreter, weren't he?

So, we can't attract Sam Byram - but Mourinho would sign?

Come on. Hands up who's actually here from RAWK?

I don't think it's as clear cut as that mate, but I do find it funny the amount of posters who go HOWE?!? LOLZ I WANT A WINNER NOT THIS CHUMP despite everyone obviously wanting a proven winner first and foremost.

Once lukaku and stones go (seems to be going that way) that'll be roughly 70 mil. Would that be an excuse not to invest more transfer funds

How many of the above actually fit into that category though mate?

I'd take a proven winner in Mourinho or Emery first and foremost, but Howe could comfortably win the Dutch league so i'll take Cocu and De Boer's 'achievements' with a pinch of sal, even McClaren managed it with a god awful Twente team...not many other 'proven winners' up there I can see.

So then we need to attract a big name to really go up a level mate

Yes mate - but if we want Everton and the whole aura of the club to change I feel it has to be someone who's Already achieved things at the highest level.
let's show our ambition and set the bar

Winning things previously is neither an indicator nor guarantee of future success...As we know only too well.

So then we need to attract a big name to really go up a level mate

I'd like that more than anything, as we all do mate. Just think Howe has done a great job and I'd be taking him ahead of quite a few of the more attractive foreign names.

Never forget that these foreign types are nowhere near as attractive as they first sound, Roberto Soldado for one translates to Bob Soldier, Jose Reina is Joe Queen for another. There's countless more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back