Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have;

Eddie Howe of Bourneouth 1 season in Prem

Hiddink who doesnt want a full time role

Karanka LOL

De Boer LOL

Mancini LOL

Benitez "spits"

Hughes (see Benitez)

Pulis (speechless)

Pelligrini (shocking signings)

Mourinho (doesnt do youth and 3 years only)

Simeone (why would he come?)

AVB total failure at 2 clubs

Laudrup who was sacked by swansea

Cant see any decent realistc options here.

I'm with you on sticking with Martinez but thats a rather odd assessment of some fairly decent managers.

As much as I personally might not want some of them I wouldn't be so dimissive of them.

I voted for De Boer, used to working with young players, won league 4 consecutive years with Ajax which they've never done before. Played at the highest level, his teams can attack and defend. Been a manager for 5 years now and his assistant Bergkamp knows the premiership very well.

I voted for De Boer, used to working with young players, won league 4 consecutive years with Ajax which they've never done before. Played at the highest level, his teams can attack and defend. Been a manager for 5 years now and his assistant Bergkamp knows the premiership very well.
Still a Martinez In vote for me, but the thought of Bergkamp on the staff gives me a bit of a trickle. If I had to be pushed I think Mancini may be the right type.

AVB, pls.

He's leaving Zenit at the end of this season so we wouldn't have to buy him out or anything.

Would also be happy with Mancini.

Would not be happy with appointing any manager from the championship or lower PL. We apparently have some money now, show some ambition.

It has to be a proven winner for me, somebody with an extensive record of winning trophies, lets see who we can find

I never know whether you would seriously want Pereira at Everton, and I personally don't know enough about him, but i know two Porto fans here both from the city and they are very dismissive of him. Right place at the right time with weak opposition and didnt really do anything that stood out. Wont be remembered at all kind of vibe. They werent at all surprised at his next move to a nothing league.

Has anybody mentioned Hiddink yet? Almost certainly not staying at Chelsea. Might want to stay in the Premier League with a new project. He'd be by far the best option.

I never know whether you would seriously want Pereira at Everton, and I personally don't know enough about him, but i know two Porto fans here both from the city and they are very dismissive of him. Right place at the right time with weak opposition and didnt really do anything that stood out. Wont be remembered at all kind of vibe. They werent at all surprised at his next move to a nothing league.

Its a risk for sure, but hes currently on course to win his 3rd league title in his 3rd different country within 5 years, yes the teams hes managed are expected to win titles, but its still an impressive record. Would be a major, major gamble and he wouldnt be long term, plus im not even sure if hes the right "type" of man to manage us, but his record is hard to ignore IMO.

Im leaning more towards Cocu, from Coco to Cocu would be poetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back