Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matic too & had to buy back at an inflated price.

Plus Mata,bertrand is also good as well. He not very good at spoting young players with high potential. This is what puts me off Jose as we need someone who can bring players through

Tony Pulis, as much of a scumbag as he is. His teams can defend and defend very well for 90 odd minutes.... As we found out.

For me Martinez has had more than enough opportunity to prove himself, personally I`d have got rid at the end of last season. But the board stood by him as a club should but again this season has continually proved why he got Wigan relegated. Time for a change, I`d do it now but can see the end of the season is more realistic....

Looking in terms of replacement, I`d love to see Mark Hughes. Ex player, knows what the club is about and will add steel and determination to this side. That is what is missing, I know he isn't broadly liked across this forum but he is a winner and has the drive and determination to succeed, this is what we need.

He has managed teams like Stoke, Fulham and Blackburn in the premier league and had top half finishes, RM hasn't done that with this squad for 2 seasons!!!

Whoever the board decide is next should they axe Martinez will be a difficult decision, but one that will need some consideration...

Tony Pulis, as much of a scumbag as he is. His teams can defend and defend very well for 90 odd minutes.... As we found out.

For me Martinez has had more than enough opportunity to prove himself, personally I`d have got rid at the end of last season. But the board stood by him as a club should but again this season has continually proved why he got Wigan relegated. Time for a change, I`d do it now but can see the end of the season is more realistic....

Looking in terms of replacement, I`d love to see Mark Hughes. Ex player, knows what the club is about and will add steel and determination to this side. That is what is missing, I know he isn't broadly liked across this forum but he is a winner and has the drive and determination to succeed, this is what we need.

He has managed teams like Stoke, Fulham and Blackburn in the premier league and had top half finishes, RM hasn't done that with this squad for 2 seasons!!!

Whoever the board decide is next should they axe Martinez will be a difficult decision, but one that will need some consideration...

Tony Pulis and Mark Hughes?

The most boring manager in the prem OR a horrible creature.

I didnt realise any Evertonian liked Hughes, we all detested him when he was here and i felt the feeling was mutual.

Has to be Frank De Boer, bringing some great young talent through at Ajax. The guy was a great defender so would be able to sort that out, and his assistant is Dennis Bergkamp so the forwards would be in safe hands. We could pay him more than he will be on at Ajax, without having to go over are pay limit. I think that De Boer and Bergkamp would win us some silver ware..

I like the idea of De Boer/Bergkamp, the dutch league has produced some very good players and managers. Some will be in the PL experience camp whilst others might not agree that is needed....

So we have;

Eddie Howe of Bourneouth 1 season in Prem

Hiddink who doesnt want a full time role

Karanka LOL

De Boer LOL

Mancini LOL

Benitez "spits"

Hughes (see Benitez)

Pulis (speechless)

Pelligrini (shocking signings)

Mourinho (doesnt do youth and 3 years only)

Simeone (why would he come?)

AVB total failure at 2 clubs

Laudrup who was sacked by swansea

Cant see any decent realistc options here.

So we have;

Karanka LOL

De Boer LOL

Mancini LOL

Benitez "spits"

Hughes (see Benitez)

Pulis (speechless)

Would be quite a stretch to think Hughrs wouldn't have this team in the top half. Howe too.

So we have;

Karanka LOL

De Boer LOL

Mancini LOL

Benitez "spits"

Hughes (see Benitez)

Pulis (speechless)

Dear me there's 3 prem title winners in there yet non compare to our glorious leader? Laughable. You've laughed off Karanka who is doing a great job with Boro and has a fantastic defensive record. Laughed off de Boer and Mancini who have how many league titles between them? Pellegrini and Mourinho apparently buy bad players and only do 3 years ha ha (3 years of trophies would be terrible wouldn't it, would much rather stick with three years of bottom half finishes). You've labelled AVB a multiple trophy winner including in Europe as a failure because he took Chelsea and Spurs to heights we can only now dream of.

Every single manager on that list apart from Laudrup and Pulis are better than Roberto. Imagine if he was on there 'took Wigan down and can't organise a defence, spent money at Everton but led them to an unlikely relegation battle in their second season and is currently bottom half'.

Take the blinkers off mate. I'm getting fed up seeing posters so tied to Martinez that they'd turn down genuine world class managers like Mourinho. Martinez will never achieve even 5% of what Mourinho has or even the likes of Mancini or Pellegrini.

So we have;

Karanka LOL

De Boer LOL

Mancini LOL

Benitez "spits"

Hughes (see Benitez)

Pulis (speechless)

You would have lol'd at people suggesting Ranieri last year.

If you gave near enough any premier league fan, the choice between Martinez or Mancini, I think I know who they would go for.

I'm not sure Howe is the right choice but he's three points behind us with a vastly inferior squad.

So we have;

Karanka LOL

De Boer LOL

Mancini LOL

Benitez "spits"

Hughes (see Benitez)

Pulis (speechless)

Eddie Howe, first season in PL and 3 points behind Everton with BOURNEMOUTH

Karanka, manager of Middlesborough in Championship. Agreed he probably wouldn't come if they come up tho

Why LOL @ De Boer?

AVB totally agree with, same with Laudrup. No interest in those two.

Ive been championing Sampaoli or Favre.

How is he a "total failure at 2 clubs" ?

He is one of the best candidates we can realisticly go for. If he could duplicate results he had when he were a total failure at Chelsea and Spurs he would be a God here because that would mean being in Europe year in and year out.

-familiar with the premier league
-wins titles and cups
-European proven

But lets go for another championship manager :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back