Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini would be decent, but could we get him?

AVB, bright young manager. Don't forget Pochettino came from nowhere, no one had ever heard of him.... There must be more like that out there

Antonio Conte? Started the latest Juventus domination

Didnt Howe crash and burn when he left the safety blanket of Bournemouth?

Anyrate, never keen on appointing the current "next best thing" off the rank.

Certainly didn't get a team relegated, which I would consider to be 'crashing and burning'.

How is he a "total failure at 2 clubs" ?

He is one of the best candidates we can realisticly go for. If he could duplicate results he had when he were a total failure at Chelsea and Spurs he would be a God here because that would mean being in Europe year in and year out.

-familiar with the premier league
-wins titles and cups
-European proven

But lets go for another championship manager :)

AVB is even worse than Martinez for defensive naivety

It has to be a proven winner for me, somebody with an extensive record of winning trophies, lets see who we can find, ah yes, this chap seems good.

Porto
Al-Ahli
Olympiacos
Let me just check where his current club sit in the league.

vitorfgfgg.webp

Can you guess who it is yet?vitorfgfgg.webp
vitorfgfgg.webp

I mean, how could this guy NOT be a direct replacement for Martinez?

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attack-minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi,Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler all made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, FC Zürich became Swiss championswith an average age of 21.5 years. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus, whose fine performances procured a call up to theGerman national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund; Marc-André ter Stegen, who eventually joined Barcelona; and Christoph Kramer.

Mancini would be decent, but could we get him?

AVB, bright young manager. Don't forget Pochettino came from nowhere, no one had ever heard of him.... There must be more like that out there

Antonio Conte? Started the latest Juventus domination

I think having this squad in the bottom half for two seasons is something very few managers in the top tier of the major leagues would be able to replicate tbh.

If we have ambitions of being a champions league team we simply need to get a manager who has or
Does manage at that level & then back him. We have over £50 million extra tv money this summer along with potentially £50+ for any of one 3'players plus a new owner who it seems will invest intially in the footballing aspect of the club money shouldn't be an issue.

I mean, how could this guy NOT be a direct replacement for Martinez?

Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attack-minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi,Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler all made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, FC Zürich became Swiss championswith an average age of 21.5 years. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus, whose fine performances procured a call up to theGerman national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund; Marc-André ter Stegen, who eventually joined Barcelona; and Christoph Kramer.

Which people would stop with this myth that he develops youth players.

Hes took Stones and Barkley backwards, Lukaku improved his game on his own in the Summer.

Hes left Stones a shell of a player currently.

It has to be a proven winner for me, somebody with an extensive record of winning trophies, lets see who we can find, ah yes, this chap seems good.

Porto
Al-Ahli
Olympiacos
Let me just check where his current club sit in the league.

View attachment 18917

Can you guess who it is yet?View attachment 18917 View attachment 18917
Can he bring Fernandao & Van Persie with him....if so I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back