Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Joachim Loew is not out of contract in the summer as all of the Everton supporters seem to think, and in a couple of cases insist. Joachim will be available after teh world cup in 2018 and Everton has made no approach to the DFB regarding him"

We are a bloody attractive job for him.

Think about it.

It would be fascinating to see if he really is the manager that everyone supposes him to be as it really is a project to get us up fighting with the "elite" although with the Mosh Dosh it will make it somewhat easier

I think though it would be about the size of the pay package. Do not think he would like to spend say 2 years out of Euro football.

Be part of it, obvs.

But he is early 50s. Has won everything, everywhere.

He loves English footie. He hates the lovables. He has mentioned us as one he could see himself managing.

We have cash. We are a "proper" club.

I reckon he would love it. But. If LVG stays, then think he would love that more.

Be fun.

Be part of it, obvs.

But he is early 50s. Has won everything, everywhere.

He loves English footie. He hates the lovables. He has mentioned us as one he could see himself managing.

We have cash. We are a "proper" club.

I reckon he would love it. But. If LVG stays, then think he would love that more.

Be fun.

has he, where was that? always thought we would be below his horizon.

If he did and brought us success it would the ego and rep so much good, the mind boggles.

has he, where was that? always thought we would be below his horizon.

If he did and brought us success it would the ego and rep so much good, the mind boggles.
Mirror article in 2010

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-boss-jose-mourinho-3352953
Liverpool can forget about ever luring Jose Mourinho to Anfield.

He said: “Manchester United would be a great challenge for me. But Liverpool is not the club for me. I know why, but I cannot tell you.

“Tottenham, Everton... Arsenal maybe. These are all fine clubs with very good managers.

“You can dream of what happens in one, two, three or four years. Who knows? I cannot say, but I think you have an idea of what I think about.

“I had a dream about being the manager of Real Madrid. It has come true. For me that is incredible.”

Mourinho is looking no further than being a success at the Bernabeu over the next few years, but said “nothing is forever” and has spoken of his love for England.

He added: “My ambition is success and I wanted to manage Real Madrid. I have no plans to leave. I have only just arrived.

“There is much work to be done. I do not know how long it will take. But I give my commitment to Real Madrid and we will see. Nothing is forever.

“But I have to commit. I can’t say Real Madrid one season, Manchester United, Liverpool the next, Barcelona after that. But I like England very much. I have many good friends there.

“Many of the Chelsea players are still good friends of mine and I always watch for their results and progress.

“They are doing well. Ancelotti is a fine coach and that is good for the club because they are a great club with many, many nice people.”

So would Mourinho like to manage Chelsea again?

He said: “I am careful what I say and what I think. For me it might be impossible. I don’t know. I am not saying I would not like to.

“Who knows? Football is strange and beautiful at the same time.”

Mourinho tells Gerrard: You're at the wrong club and you'll never win anything at Liverpool - Exclusive

Mourinho launches stinging attack on Capello and says England are in a "mess" and playing “with fear”

It's "crazy" that "fantastic" Scholes isn't playing for England, says Mourinho - Exclusive

Mourinho on Mourinho: “I’m still the Special One, if there were two of me, that would be even better for clubs!”

No doubt about that and possibly a free rein which he did not quite have at Chelsea.
yup, I'm not massively confident he's coming here but I think it's a strong possibility if UTD keep LVG and he's deadset on staying in England. Would still be fine with pellegrini, even Koeman. Would rather not get De Boer, would like a manager with prem experience. I don't think Emery or Simeone will leave their clubs this summer (unless Arsenal sack Wegner)

So within a few days I hope there will be some 'Mourinho gives Man Utd ultimatum' type stories, or 'Jose says NO to Man Utd', followed by 'Mourinho wants Everton job'. and then speculation regarding new contracts for Stones and Barkley. Mourinho comes in and Evertonians are revitalised for a brilliant summer.

I always said it was not far-fetched, and by typing this post I make it even more plausible!

I am hoping for some more tentative Mourinho links...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back