Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you know how to remove formatting from copied text?

Its right there:

remove_formatting.png

Make sure you highlight the text first before clicking it ;)

I think there will be changes this summer. However, I am not certain that it will be as simple as Martinez out and somebody new in as manager.
It really would not surprise me to see a new overboss come to the club and RM stay as a kind of assistant manager with a view to possibly taking charge at some date in the future. I don't see Mourinho coming, many of the other names mentioned are coming to the end of their careers or are the very start and lack real experience.
Of course RM may want to be boss or nothing, but we know that Bill Kenwright is very loyal to his managers and I would say that he may not want to lose RM completely. What we do not know is the thoughts of Moshiri about this or how much influence or sway Bill Kenwright has on him.

I think there will be changes this summer. However, I am not certain that it will be as simple as Martinez out and somebody new in as manager.
It really would not surprise me to see a new overboss come to the club and RM stay as a kind of assistant manager with a view to possibly taking charge at some date in the future. I don't see Mourinho coming, many of the other names mentioned are coming to the end of their careers or are the very start and lack real experience.
Of course RM may want to be boss or nothing, but we know that Bill Kenwright is very loyal to his managers and I would say that he may not want to lose RM completely. What we do not know is the thoughts of Moshiri about this or how much influence or sway Bill Kenwright has on him.

We could retain Martinez as Director of bullcrap.

What basis do you have for this? As this would be pretty much unprecedented in the Premier League.

And I think you are just a little off base in that prediction.

Personally I think it will boil down to "it will be as simple as Martinez out and somebody new in as manager."

Never happened, never will. Co-bosses have occurred in other organizations but never when the club is considering firing their current manager. The atmosphere will be toxic and certainly made for failure.

Why do you think we have any chance of simeone?

If we don't try, we never have a chance of success. If we're sick of the names the papers tags us with (Moyes, Hughes, Howe), then we need to go out of our comfort zone to get what we want. No one said it will be easy. Pellegrini might not be as easy as we think if he wins the UCL, however unlikely.

I think a coach who has won things, with a proven track record of youth development is key.

Phillip Cocu looks to tick the boxes.

I like what I read about Cocu and he should be one of the candidates, but his short career and the fact McClaren won that league too will work against him.

I'm with Dylan.I think it really is as simple as Martinez out and new boss in.
Looking at this forum there's obviously lots of different opinions on who that should be and there always will be.
As always though, us Evertonians will be 100% behind the new boss and,being Everton, he will be given the time to prove himself. I think Martinez is proof of that. He's been given plenty of time, probably too much time to get it right and for me, it's now time to go for him.

They wont be kicking LVG out and and bringing Mourinho in...that doesnt sound right...edunno why...but it doesnt.
The crazy fool just spoke about sadomasochistic hair pulling in an after game interview and you don't see any logic in ditching him for Jose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back