Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing this. On one side I don't actually want Pellegrini as manager. Don't think he would be thst successful here considering the other managers already in the league next season.

On the other side, I'd love him here because he is still miles better than Martinez.

Mark Warbuton brushes off Everton link.

Genuinely never heard of Mark Warbuton, just discovered he's the Rangers boss. When I first read the headline I assumed it was someone re the woman's team managers job.
Warburton seems like a good manager, he was at Brentford before them and he got them promoted from league 1 to Championship and then straight into the championship playoffs. Then got rangers promoted when he moved there.

Don't want him anywhere near us but it'll still be interesting to see where he ends up in a few years.

Warburton seems like a good manager, he was at Brentford before them and he got them promoted from league 1 to Championship and then straight into the championship playoffs. Then got rangers promoted when he moved there.

Don't want him anywhere near us but it'll still be interesting to see where he ends up in a few years.

Agree with the lot of that.

He's in a different planet to Stubbs, who has been mentioned once or twice within these 100s of pages.

He's done well at Rangers but to be fair anyone that could organise a team was going to do ok there. Being linked with the likes of him is just the media sticking to the same old script that we're poor little Everton.

If what we've believe is going to happen, happens, then the revolution is going to shock them all.

Am I the only one who is scratching my head on our link to Joachim Loew and wondering why we don't aren't linked to Emery (or Simeone)? Someone thinks we can hire a World Cup winner and no one thinks we can hire the manager who might win his third Europa?

I don't mind Koeman, De Boer or Pellegrini, but if people are questioning their credentials for whatever reason, surely Emery gotta be up there among the top picks, or are we too afraid to even pick up that phone? I want Simeone, but he being the impossible man to get is understandable (His club willing to grow with him and all). Surely the rest are easy pickings with a decent salary package.

I hope we'll offer the next manager everything we can and whip the players into shape. I am disgusted by the performance of our players since West Ham and surely we can put money into better use by hiring an ambitious young man who should be only focused on the club's future on the field.
Why do you think we have any chance of simeone?

He's done well at Rangers but to be fair anyone that could organise a team was going to do ok there. Being linked with the likes of him is just the media sticking to the same old script that we're poor little Everton.

If what we've believe is going to happen, happens, then the revolution is going to shock them all.

The same article links Dyche and Hughes.

I prefer Confucius.

He say: "If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it's OK. But you've got to shoot for something. A lot of people don't even shoot."
I prefer choink Lee from my local chippy...Man who goes through airport with an erection is going to Bangkok!!
Hey ho..each to their own:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back