Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You want me to praise somebody for picking 3 world class players in a team?

I mean come on, your talking about 3 World Class talents here.

You say you cant win anything bigger in football than a World Cup, name me 5 World Cup winning managers or name me 5 CL/EC winning managers, I bet you struggle with the 5 WC.

The CL is currently the biggest footballing tournament in the World, the World Cup comes along every 4 years and whilst its an amazing footballing show, its hardly the pinnacle.

Differing opinions then, I suppose mate. I believe Low would be a coup in that he would be able to attract big names, and I don't think Everton, placed 11th in the PL for the second-straight season, are in a position to turn that down if indeed he did want to join/was a target. Personally I think it's unlikely anyway.

From the WCs I remember,

Scolari, Low, Lippi and Del Bosque.

Couldn't name the others, no.

Differing opinions then, I suppose mate. I believe Low would be a coup in that he would be able to attract big names, and I don't think Everton, placed 11th in the PL for the second-straight season, are in a position to turn that down if indeed he did want to join/was a target. Personally I think it's unlikely anyway.

From the WCs I remember,

I spec your honesty.

And we will have to agree to disagree on this point, I do appreciate what your saying tho, he would be a major coup and im being very picky with "turning him down", but hes not for me sorry.

If Löw had had a fantastic club record there would be no chance for us to get him. You have to think that he have learned a thing or two the last 12 years. And that World Cup trophy will give him a lot of respect from the players we have and the players he would like to bring. Appointing Löw would be a statement of ambition.

I would prefer Klinsmann over Low. Klinsmann is actually a big-name, a big-draw, and could bring a feel-good factor which could lift us for years. I hope and believe the Low links are just made-up.

From the WCs I remember,

Er, Ramsey?

I would prefer Klinsmann over Low. Klinsmann is actually a big-name, a big-draw, and could bring a feel-good factor which could lift us for years. I hope and believe the Low links are just made-up.

Low is a big name and is more proven at internation even club level than Klinsmann is...

You want me to praise somebody for picking 3 world class players in a team?

I mean come on, your talking about 3 World Class talents here.

You say you cant win anything bigger in football than a World Cup, name me 5 World Cup winning managers or name me 5 CL/EC winning managers, I bet you struggle with the 5 WC.

The CL is currently the biggest footballing tournament in the World, the World Cup comes along every 4 years and whilst its an amazing footballing show, its hardly the pinnacle.

Ramsay, Loew, Del Bosque, Beckenbauer, Scholari

Easy tbh, ask me who won in what year though i wouldn't have a clue after the first 3 of those

Then again one of those comnps in ever 4 years the other every year, so always going to be easier to remember 4-5 winners when you only have to go back 5 years in one comapred to 20 years in the other

Moot point though, international managers benefit from good club managers and/or a strong youth policy in a country, so far remeoved from club management that it's a massive gamble to go from one to the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back