Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klinnsmann isnt coming here, hes not leaving US soccer unless he gets sacked (which a fair amount of people want which says alot). Also hes just as stubborn as martinez and plays players out of position as well. If you didnt like martinez you wont like klinnsmann

Going on win rates alone, Pellegrini would be the worse of the best but given he's managed almost double what Low, Villas Boas, Pereira, De Boer and Cocu have - it's hard to compare but still interesting to see.

Jose is in a league of his in comparison to the rest of them, I just can't get my head around why anyone wouldn't have him as our manager...

Koeman's record is better than I thought too.

One thing I like about Cocu (from what I read on wiki) is that it seems that he learns from his mistakes, took the failure in stride and bounced back. He is going to be a huge risk to take given how weak the Dutch league is and that he's with PSV.

Would love to see what he or De Boer can do in the far more competitive EPL. Heck, unless he drives us much lower down the table within his first few games/season, I would give him the same amount of time we gave Martinez just to be at the same level as we are now. I feel like he (Cocu) would be open to the idea of a mentoring coach like Wenger or Pellegrini too.

Again, HUGE risk. And given how reports about Moshiri wanting top level managers right away, very unlikely to happen.

Of those mentioned the most, their overall records look like this, obviously some can be misleading given some of the teams they've managed but overall:

In order of games managed:

Benitez managed 969 - win rate 51%
Mourinho managed 765 - win rate: 66%
Koeman managed 603 - win rate 55%
Pellegrini managed 600 - win rate: 52%
Low managed 337 - win rate: 54%
Villas Boas managed 298 - win rate 60%
Pereira managed 276 - win rate: 60%
De Boer managed 261 - win rate: 60%
Cocu managed 148 - win rate: 67%

And just for the record:

Moyes managed 845 - win rate 44%
Hughes managed 515 - win rate: 39.6%
Howe managed 373 - win rate 47%

Can you Martínez win rate?

Skybet have brought their Martinez market back, Martinez to leave has gone from 1/7 to 1/5 and Martinez to stay has gone from 4/1 to 100/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back