Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that new manager will be puplished very soon after season ends. New manager has lot to do in summer time and euro games wont be helping that.

Thing is about low, just because he won the world cup does not make him a good club manager. Scolari failed in this league despite turning brazil from no hopers to world cup winners within 2 years back when he won it. That looked itself like some fantastic achievement but it didn't translate well to the premier league.

Low doesn't have the best record other than that so why would he be fancied over more experienced candidates? Personally i want a manager who has managed at the top levels. Doesn't matter if they aren't multi european cup winning managers, just one that knows what it is like managing at the top level, and therefore would be much better prepared to take us that.

And just for the record if Low does come (I know I'm getting ahead of myself but it's better than thinking about where we are now) a song to Flo Rida's 'Low' isn't an option - has to be done:dance::dance:

Thing is about low, just because he won the world cup does not make him a good club manager. Scolari failed in this league despite turning brazil from no hopers to world cup winners within 2 years back when he won it. That looked itself like some fantastic achievement but it didn't translate well to the premier league.

Low doesn't have the best record other than that so why would he be fancied over more experienced candidates? Personally i want a manager who has managed at the top levels. Doesn't matter if they aren't multi european cup winning managers, just one that knows what it is like managing at the top level, and therefore would be much better prepared to take us that.

Doesnt have the best record is being generous. His club record is rubbish.

If he brings the whole German squad with him then great....

There is that. There is definitely a risk factor with Low but there's no denying he's a winner.

Even if you take Germany out of the equation, he's still got an okay record:

Stuttgart: managed 89 - win rate 52%
Fenerbahce: manager 38 - win rate 63%

I'd take the risk tomorrow me, world cup winner as our manager when we've got coco clown at the moment stuck in Plan A and refusing to come out of it. :bye:

That said Jose is still by far and away my first choice - he's in a different league.

The mans been in international management for something like 8 years to be fair

Whose to say he wouldn't have been winning stuff at club level during that time?

To me, he's the perfect option

He's won something tangible

His teams are reknowned for playing good football while also being defensively solid

He's got a good history with developing young players at international level and giving young players a chance

He seems like a calming focus, which we need after the madness of the past two seasons

For those reasons, he's above Jose for me

I see Loew as a unifying force who will get us all back onside and pushing onward

Jose is a little too divisive for my tastes, and he's a short term option

Loew is the man who can build us a dynasty

I would love to have him here, and hope we make it happen

He didn't spend the 300 mill, he inherited dross. Forced upon him or not, at least he threw them in, unlike RM who with nothing to play for still has Hibbert on the bench ffs

Haha seriously?

Its the first time Hibbert has been in the squad for two years! And he was there because he wanted to give a stalwart of the club a decent send off.

People will have a go at him for anything wont they??

There is that. There is definitely a risk factor with Low but there's no denying he's a winner.

Even if you take Germany out of the equation, he's still got an okay record:

Stuttgart: managed 89 - win rate 52%
Fenerbahce: manager 38 - win rate 63%

I'd take the risk tomorrow me, world cup winner as our manager when we've got coco clown at the moment stuck in Plan A and refusing to come out of it. :bye:
I'm just thinking out loud about it. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at getting him and it isn't a standard rule either, Low could be great for us, hindsight and all that.

One manager that barely gets a mention who could be great for us. Multiple trophy winner, very experienced and has managed top clubs in his career.

Fabio Capello.

Granted his age may be a sticking point, and he might not even be arsed to start up a club spell again which fair enough. But he is a winner, and he has plenty of epxerience.

I'm just thinking out loud about it. I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at getting him and it isn't a standard rule either, Low could be great for us, hindsight and all that.

One manager that barely gets a mention who could be great for us. Multiple trophy winner, very experienced and has managed top clubs in his career.

Fabio Capello.

Granted his age may be a sticking point, and he might not even be arsed to start up a club spell again which fair enough. But he is a winner, and he has plenty of epxerience.

I can't see Capello

He'd want a LOT of money

I don't think we'd pay it

His track record speaks for itself though

Success all over the world

The mans been in international management for something like 8 years to be fair

Whose to say he wouldn't have been winning stuff at club level during that time?

To me, he's the perfect option

He's won something tangible

His teams are reknowned for playing good football while also being defensively solid

He's got a good history with developing young players at international level and giving young players a chance

He seems like a calming focus, which we need after the madness of the past two seasons

For those reasons, he's above Jose for me

I see Loew as a unifying force who will get us all back onside and pushing onward

Jose is a little too divisive for my tastes, and he's a short term option

Loew is the man who can build us a dynasty

I would love to have him here, and hope we make it happen
Isnt that what if no different to what he have now? What if lowe had been a club manager instead? What is martinez gets the transfer money to turn his team around? See the comparison. It is speculating on something that there is no proof of.

I'm not rubbishing Lowe at all though, if we went after him, fantastic. any manager we recruit is going to be a risk anyway, so makes no odds if its lowe, jose, pellegrini or bringing mike walker out of retirement.

the plus point for me with lowe would be as you say experience with younger players and giving them important roles. Not too sure if international level and club level are really comparable, but would be nice to see him give the likes of ross limited but important roles in his team so he doesn't have to concentrate on other factors in the game like he does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back