Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but we cannot appoint our next manager on the fact that it might annoy our neighbours. It's a tad more serious than that!

Really? Serious doesn't sound like the type of word used 3 years ago when deciding who to appoint as a manager. I bet you'd prefer him over Mark Hughes right?

It was a joke mate...

I know mate ! Im not sensitive ! I was planning a much lengthier and hopefuly far wittier retort that included using stubby crayons and bringing yourself up to my standards (Nil Satis Nisis Optimum) - but I'm in work and the fire alarm had just gone off - so I was outside freezing my little cottons off and replying using my phone which I'm a complete Biff on !

If Martinez goes, whoever replaces him will have to know how to play the way Leicester, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton and LFC. High energy, marathon runners, get the ball forward very quickly to speed merchants, with one maybe two players that can turn a game and have a striker that can finish. A new manager will have to assemble a defence that is like Leicester's or Spurs and make sure they are the same faces week in and week out. If they do not introduce such a style then they have no chance of top 4, never mind winning the league.

Leicester have 'raised the bar' and no manager next season can make any excuses for their failure to win the league.

Last edited:
I know mate ! Im not sensitive ! I was planning a much lengthier and hopefuly far wittier retort that included using stubby crayons and bringing yourself up to my standards (Nil Satis Nisis Optimum) - but I'm in work and the fire alarm had just gone off - so I was outside freezing my little cottons off and replying using my phone which I'm a complete Biff on !

Inconsiderate fire marshals!! Anyway, I'm not allowed to use crayons. They're too sharp and I could hurt myself.

Serious.
The way the league has panned out; any semblance of organisation, tactics and hard work would have got us up there. Hes the master at these.

This is why I want Favre. Pellegrini is a top manager don't get me wrong. But what this team desperately needs is organisation, intensity, discipline, a framework and system to be confident in and trust that it will work. We need a contrast to the softness of the Martinez era. It'll kick the squad into gear and make things 'click'. He marries a detailed and rigid defensive system like that with a free-flowing technical attack - it'd be perfect.

On the other hand Pellegrini set up a fantastic defense at Malaga (least conceded in one of his seasons there I think?), but it may just be the different league styles.

O'Neill also left Villa in the in the Sh*t after his fllout with Lerner, by timing his resignation to cause maximum damage, it was arguably the beginning of their decline, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us, there are enough worrying parallels with Villa without introducing another one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back