Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Everton Koeman would be long term project manager. Not the statement of intent everyone has been banging out. Favre, AVB, De Boer fall into that category too.

I'm not convinced that a lack of success has been Toberto's downfall? I think thta if we were still playing the football we were playing in his first season, the vast majority of the crowd would be behind him! I certainly dont want him to go because we didnt make Europe or get to a cup final, i want him to go because i dont enjoy going to watch Everton anymore?

That's one thing that made me cringe when I hear people defending him.

"We're playing wonderful football" WTF I haven't felt our football living to season 1's standards for nearly 2 seasons. Sure, flashes, but the game is not won by a mere 10 mins if we concede as many as we do nowadays.

He is ultimately undone by his own ego, or whatever it is that made him feel he can get away with sleeping on the job for 2 seasons (WC 2014 summer as commentator instead of Everton Manager and letting the team rot till the current state)

Mate, IIRC Everton were getting howled off the pitch as early as the pre Christmas QPR game in season two. Yes, social media was the hub, but then social media until the last few weeks was the hub for discontent this season too.

The new boss will get a period of grace. But people aren't daft. If they feel they have power to unseat one manager perceived to be failing then they will flex that muscle again if any better funded "name" manager is adjudged to be pissing a fortune up against a wall.

The genie won't go back in the bottle.

Whenever the club are unseating managers it has to be done for the right reasons.

If Everton are in the middle of trench warfare near the top at Christmas and have one or two unfortunate results but are in touching distance. I sincerely hope our club won't degenerate into a gang of Kopites hounding the manager at the drop of a hat.

Fact is Leicester broke their rivals early on by sticking the distance over Christmas.

Our fans need to realise sometimes its going to be a case of digging in and fighting. Not simply getting the hump with the manager. Particularly if we're on the pace.

I'm not convinced that a lack of success has been Toberto's downfall? I think thta if we were still playing the football we were playing in his first season, the vast majority of the crowd would be behind him! I certainly dont want him to go because we didnt make Europe or get to a cup final, i want him to go because i dont enjoy going to watch Everton anymore?
I made the same decision at the end of last season mate. My deepest sympathy to all the die hards who've kept the faith this season.

Can't believe we paid Moyes(reported £5 mill a year) more than what Athletico pay Simeone(reported £4.5 mill a year) which prob means Bobby is on more as well, sums up everthing which is wrong with the English game, everything is about ££££££'s and nothing is about passion.

I would love to see that pure snide on the touchline at Goodison bossing us, I really would.

For Everton Koeman would be long term project manager. Not the statement of intent everyone has been banging out. Favre, AVB, De Boer fall into that category too.

TBH this is what I would prefer. Though we are not dirt poor any longer. I would want someone with potential to be like Poch. I don't think a hire of Pelligrini would be anything but a short term appointment and would be massively concerned he is more intent on cashing that final set of mangerial checks. Someone a bit younger with more career ahead of them I think is less likely to fall into that category. Pelligrini would be better than RM no doubt. But I would sacrifice a little short term success for long term gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back