Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously. crap players for the USA team, but very interesting to watch. his system would do very well in the EPL. And btw, isn't it interesting that LCFC manager Rainieri was unemployed last year and is reported to say little to his players. don't know if it really works, but an interesting concept. All I know is one thing. West Ham had a serious season that ANYONE would be happy with. And on an Everton budget. Just give me that. Just a bunch of players that like to play with each other, play hard, a decent defense, a manager we can align with and win a big one that we can all be proud of once in a while. That's all.

I see alot of similarities between Martinez and Jurgen

I see alot of similarities between Martinez and Jurgen

I do as well. One game they look unbeatable and the next game they lose to a team they should beat. And when they lose its not 1-0 it's more like 3-0 and the players look like they've never played before.

Couldn't bear watching my favorite club coached by Jurgen after watching my national team play the way they have. I would die inside.

Pellegrini is a no go for me. Doesn't seem to be able to motivate.

Think a youngish team like Everton have, need an exciting coach who commands respect and has a plan B and C. (Martinez was missing two of those three things in my opinion)

Everton need to get this right.

What's Klopp up to these days?

I do as well. One game they look unbeatable and the next game they lose to a team they should beat. And when they lose its not 1-0 it's more like 3-0 and the players look like they've never played before.

Couldn't bear watching my favorite club coached by Jurgen after watching my national team play the way they have. I would die inside.

Exactly, along with the lack of consistences he seems to shoehorn players into weird positions.

Jurgen is also prone to hyperbolic statements which is mixed with a "it's never my fault" quality that drives fans crazy when things are going poorly, just like Martinez.

Seemingly, no matter what, there's going to be a managerial ego-fest in the Norfwes of Engerland next season.

giphy.gif

If Jose has stated he isn't going to United and isn't prepared to wait another year, then surely we have a good chance now? (He also wants to stay in the Prem).

Jose Mourinho refuses to wait another year for Manchester United job with club staff expecting Louis van Gaal to STAY on
  • Manchester United news: Click here for all the latest from Old Trafford
  • Manchester United are to stick with manager Louis van Gaal this summer
  • Jose Mourinho will not wait for a year to take the top job at Old Trafford
  • United staff expect Van Gaal to stay barring a disappointing end to season
  • Being overlooked in favour of Mourinho may convince Ryan Giggs to quit
By SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 00:06 EST, 6 May 2016 | UPDATED: 02:23 EST, 7 May 2016

Jose Mourinho will not wait for Manchester United if they decide to postpone bringing him in to replace manager Louis van Gaal beyond this summer.

Despite a difficult season clouded by speculation, Old Trafford staff believe Van Gaal will now stay on for the final year of his contract.

That would mean Mourinho having to hold off taking the United hot seat until 2017-18, a wait he is not prepared to put up with.

33DEEC7B00000578-3575247-image-a-7_1462456738882.jpg

+6
Jose Mourinho will not wait around for the Manchester United job if they do not appoint him this summer

33DEEC8F00000578-3575247-image-m-9_1462456754562.jpg

+6
United staff increasingly expect manager Louis van Gaal to stay despite speculation surrounding his future

33DEEC7700000578-3575247-image-a-10_1462456771520.jpg

+6
That would leave Mourinho without the job he has constantly been linked to and looking to move elsewhere

JOSE MOURINHO NEXT CLUB ODDS
Manchester United - 1/6

Paris Saint-Germain - 5/1

Everton - 7/1

Real Madrid - 18/1

England national team - 20/1

Arsenal - 20/1

*Odds courtesy of SkyBet

Van Gaal could still depart if United lose the FA Cup final against Crystal Palace and fail to finish in the Barclays Premier League top four, but staff at the club expect him to stick around.

Another issue for Ed Woodward and the United board to consider is the future of assistant manager Ryan Giggs.

The former Welsh winger would consider leaving if he is overlooked as Van Gaal's successor and United are wary of losing a long-standing link to past successes.

Mourinho had long been expected to take over this summer after six months off following his sacking from Chelsea.

In February, Inter Milan director Bedy Moratti, sister of the Italian club's former president Massimo Moratti, divulged that Mourinho was headed for United after having lunch with the former Inter boss and her family in the city.

Asked afterwards if the 53-year-old Portuguese coach will return to Inter, she replied: 'No, he's happy now, he's going to Manchester. Of course, he's always fantastic and we missed him as a person here.'

As recently as last month, Mourinho confirmed that he would be back in management this summer but refused to confirm a destination despite saying he hoped to stay in England.

'I am not in position to turn down [jobs],' Mourinho said. 'I am in a position to analyse, this is April, everything starts in July, every decision is made between May and the start of June.

'I am not in a position to deny, I am open to any club, national team, but I have to be honest, if possible, a club.

'I would prefer [to stay England]. I love the country, the football here, my family is very stable and happy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Louis-van-Gaal-STAY-summer.html#ixzz47yEcwW7D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Jose Mourinho refuses to wait another year for Manchester United job with club staff expecting Louis van Gaal to STAY on
  • Manchester United news: Click here for all the latest from Old Trafford
  • Manchester United are to stick with manager Louis van Gaal this summer
  • Jose Mourinho will not wait for a year to take the top job at Old Trafford
  • United staff expect Van Gaal to stay barring a disappointing end to season
  • Being overlooked in favour of Mourinho may convince Ryan Giggs to quit
By SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 00:06 EST, 6 May 2016 | UPDATED: 02:23 EST, 7 May 2016

Jose Mourinho will not wait for Manchester United if they decide to postpone bringing him in to replace manager Louis van Gaal beyond this summer.

Despite a difficult season clouded by speculation, Old Trafford staff believe Van Gaal will now stay on for the final year of his contract.

That would mean Mourinho having to hold off taking the United hot seat until 2017-18, a wait he is not prepared to put up with.

33DEEC7B00000578-3575247-image-a-7_1462456738882.jpg

+6
Jose Mourinho will not wait around for the Manchester United job if they do not appoint him this summer

33DEEC8F00000578-3575247-image-m-9_1462456754562.jpg

+6
United staff increasingly expect manager Louis van Gaal to stay despite speculation surrounding his future

33DEEC7700000578-3575247-image-a-10_1462456771520.jpg

+6
That would leave Mourinho without the job he has constantly been linked to and looking to move elsewhere

JOSE MOURINHO NEXT CLUB ODDS
Manchester United - 1/6

Paris Saint-Germain - 5/1

Everton - 7/1

Real Madrid - 18/1

England national team - 20/1

Arsenal - 20/1

*Odds courtesy of SkyBet

Van Gaal could still depart if United lose the FA Cup final against Crystal Palace and fail to finish in the Barclays Premier League top four, but staff at the club expect him to stick around.

Another issue for Ed Woodward and the United board to consider is the future of assistant manager Ryan Giggs.

The former Welsh winger would consider leaving if he is overlooked as Van Gaal's successor and United are wary of losing a long-standing link to past successes.

Mourinho had long been expected to take over this summer after six months off following his sacking from Chelsea.

In February, Inter Milan director Bedy Moratti, sister of the Italian club's former president Massimo Moratti, divulged that Mourinho was headed for United after having lunch with the former Inter boss and her family in the city.

Asked afterwards if the 53-year-old Portuguese coach will return to Inter, she replied: 'No, he's happy now, he's going to Manchester. Of course, he's always fantastic and we missed him as a person here.'

As recently as last month, Mourinho confirmed that he would be back in management this summer but refused to confirm a destination despite saying he hoped to stay in England.

'I am not in position to turn down [jobs],' Mourinho said. 'I am in a position to analyse, this is April, everything starts in July, every decision is made between May and the start of June.

'I am not in a position to deny, I am open to any club, national team, but I have to be honest, if possible, a club.

'I would prefer [to stay England]. I love the country, the football here, my family is very stable and happy.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Louis-van-Gaal-STAY-summer.html#ixzz47yEcwW7D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

come home, Jose!

Pretty sure utd don't want him at all because if there did it would have happened half way through the season,certain members at the utd helm are not keen on him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back