Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

What does everyone think of the Arteta to City rumours? Anyone see Arteta as having managerial quality? Not for now but longer term??

What does everyone think of the Arteta to City rumours? Anyone see Arteta as having managerial quality? Not for now but longer term??

It would be great to get him back coaching at the club. Realistically I could only see that happening under a De Boer type manager. I think you can see the good work Stubbs and now Unsworth have done with the under 21's and Sheedy (and to a lesser degree, Ebbrell, Jevons etc) do with the academy to see the benefit of it. They get the club and will ensure the players will.

It would be great to get him back coaching at the club. Realistically I could only see that happening under a De Boer type manager. I think you can see the good work Stubbs and now Unsworth have done with the under 21's and Sheedy (and to a lesser degree, Ebbrell, Jevons etc) do with the academy to see the benefit of it. They get the club and will ensure the players will.

That would be a nightmare, what the heck does Arteta know.

Frank de Boer has stated that he will discuss his future with Ajax next week after the season ends.

• By Michael Bell
  • Follow Michael on Twitter
The coach can lift his fifth Eredivisie title with Ajax on Sunday if the club beat De Graafschap, and speaking to the press De Boer stated that he already knows whether he will remain in Amsterdam next season.

Speaking to the press, De Boer said he has made up his mind on his future and will tell the club’s officials next week before Ajax set off for China.

He said, “I have figured out what I’m going to say about my future and I’m going to tell the club before our departure to China. Between Sunday and Friday I will sit down with them at the table. ”

De Boer has been the head coach of Ajax for six years but has constantly been linked with jobs in England, Italy and Spain. The latest rumour in the English press has linked Everton with a move for De Boer this summer, and they may just get their man should the 45-year-old finally decide to leave Amsterdam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back