Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be fuming when we sack him, as much as I'm fuming he's still here now. Should of been done when another manager could come in and actually salvage something from our season. At the very, very latest in should of been done 10 minutes after the final whistle of the derby.

If the rumours are true that Moshiri wants his own man but Kenwright and Elstone want Martinez then I wouldn't blame Moshiri if he refused to invest a penny towards transfers this pre season.
Top managers are not just waiting in a line for Everton to crook their little finger when they want them to come.
We are not that attractive a proposition, it is the possibility of additional funds being made available that may allow us to go for higher profile names.

Regarding the current manager , I imagine there may be some specific reason why he has not been left go already.
It may be contractual , it may be that he has asked to be left finish out the season before leaving and if there is nobody in place to replace him , then why not ?
As some have suggested it may be spun as a mutual parting of the ways at the end of the season to save face.

I can only imagine how complicated the contract with a man like Mourinho would be , or any other top manager. Loyalty bonuses, severance pay, media rights, not to mention sums available for transfer fees or even his salary.
Contracts involving tens of millions of pounds.

I was saying this the other day, people, basically the media forget that Chelsea was a nothing club until 2005, they hadn't won the league for 50 years until mourhino backed by abramovich turned them into a 'big club' it seems there 10 years of success out weighs our many years of success, remembering football only began in 1992 it's easy to see why a lot of the media and younger people today don't understand this

I think after being sacked by Chelsea, it would do mourhino good to come to club in similar circumstances to Chelsea of 2005 (new money) and prove he's the real deal, and then we can watch him do a Claudio

:D

it quite uncanny really too, as we have a nucleus of a young team here as did chelsea... mourinho took over when terry and lampard were emerging, we already know he has a strong interest in john stones and we have barkley too... maybe these are the swaying factors in making him come to us. a team with the same sort of potential, he knows it will only take a little bit of coaching and know how to transform this team full of prospects.

Is Mourinho to Everton so impossible ?

We all know that his first choice is Man Utd and has been for some time. We also know that there are some at Utd who simply do not want him.
I think it is likely he will go to Utd, but if that doesn't happen where would he go , we must also bear in mind that he has often said that the Premiership is the league he prefers.

What clubs could he go to ? Spurs, City , Liverpool will not be changing managers, nor will West Ham, Leicester and if Newcastle stay up then Benitez may well stay there.
If he wants to stay in England it probably is Utd first and us second.
He knows that we have a good squad, we know he wanted Stones , we know he had no problem with Lukaku. I imagine that when he looks at Barkley he sees a young Lampard.
Coleman, Baines, Jagielka and McCarthy are all players he could build a squad around.

Top managers are not just waiting in a line for Everton to crook their little finger when they want them to come.
We are not that attractive a proposition, it is the possibility of additional funds being made available that may allow us to go for higher profile names.

Regarding the current manager , I imagine there may be some specific reason why he has not been left go already.
It may be contractual , it may be that he has asked to be left finish out the season before leaving and if there is nobody in place to replace him , then why not ?
As some have suggested it may be spun as a mutual parting of the ways at the end of the season to save face.

I can only imagine how complicated the contract with a man like Mourinho would be , or any other top manager. Loyalty bonuses, severance pay, media rights, not to mention sums available for transfer fees or even his salary.
Contracts involving tens of millions of pounds.

Are you serious? By keeping him on we gave up the only chance of salvaging our season and gave up a very good chance of winning our 1st trophy for 21 years.

I couldn't care about the cost of sacking him would be, it would probably be less than what he wasted in January.

Nothing in your post justifies keeping him on, the RS sacked their manager in October when they was in our league position. They've since reached 2 finals and may still win a trophy.

It pains me to say it but they have ambition whilst we accept mediocrity!

Martin will get the players working hard and play work horses, is direct and will work on set pieces and focused on this. Isn't this what the fans have been crying for all season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back