Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the lads had already mentioned it on here, but if De Boer left you would probably see Bergkamp take over at Ajax.

Ajax assistant Dennis Bergkamp has insisted that he does not want to be a head coach.

• By Michael Bell

The former Arsenal and Ajax forward has been an assistant to Frank de Boer since 2011, but still has no plans to move into management.

Speaking to Arsenal weekly podcast, Bergkamp insisted that he prefers to work closely on the training pitch with the players instead of being a head coach.

He said, “The best thing for me is being on the (training) pitch, especially with the strikers. That’s my kind of thing, to really teach them things that are the details of football.

“How to control a ball, how to shoot a ball, how to pass it, how to look for other players. That’s my main thing.

“Therefore my ambition is not really to be a head coach, to be the top coach. I give my opinion and tell (other coaches) how I feel about it. But in the end there’s a head coach who decides what is happening. My part is more on the pitch with the players, especially with the strikers.”

Ajax assistant Dennis Bergkamp has insisted that he does not want to be a head coach.

• By Michael Bell

The former Arsenal and Ajax forward has been an assistant to Frank de Boer since 2011, but still has no plans to move into management.

Speaking to Arsenal weekly podcast, Bergkamp insisted that he prefers to work closely on the training pitch with the players instead of being a head coach.

He said, “The best thing for me is being on the (training) pitch, especially with the strikers. That’s my kind of thing, to really teach them things that are the details of football.

“How to control a ball, how to shoot a ball, how to pass it, how to look for other players. That’s my main thing.

“Therefore my ambition is not really to be a head coach, to be the top coach. I give my opinion and tell (other coaches) how I feel about it. But in the end there’s a head coach who decides what is happening. My part is more on the pitch with the players, especially with the strikers.”

If they came as a group, De Boer, Bergkamp and Stam, then I would love them here. Don't think they would be cheap, but quality never is!

Marc Wilmots? only lost 2 out of 25 competitive games as manager of Belgium?

Or Rafael ?

10499.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back