Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ajax-coach-frank-de-boer-11301181

Ajax coach Frank De Boer would 'love' to manage Everton
The agent of the Dutchman also throws Valencia as a potential destination
frank-de-boer-image-3-983189328.jpg

Ajax manager Frank de Boer
Ajax boss Frank de Boer would 'love' to join Everton this summer, according to his agent.

The 45-year-old has been with the Dutch club since 2010, winning four Eredivisie titles.

He is contracted to Ajax until 2017 but, with the future of Roberto Martinez coming under increasing scrutiny at Goodison Park, he has had his name thrown into the hat as a potential successor.

De Boer's representative Guido Albers confirmed the former Holland international would be open to a move to Merseyside, as well as La Liga side Valencia, ahead of the 2016-17 season.

“He would love to join a club like Everton or Valencia,” Albers told NOS. “It's all about the right philosophy and how they play football. That is what Frank is looking for.”

Martinez is coming under pressure at the Blues with the club sitting 12th in the Premier League.

After two cup semi-final exits, the latest setback came at the home of champions Leicester on Saturday, with a comprehensive 3-1 defeat seeing a number of the away support chant for his removal.

Some of the fans have unfurled banners in recent weeks also demanding his dismissal.

De Boer is a highly-rated coach and became the first man to win three Dutch league titles in a row both as a player and manager.

That has seen him tipped to move to England or Spain this summer, but his agent Albers insists he is still just focusing on his current club for now.

“I have told Ajax there is no other club and I have not held discussions with anyone.

“Frank says he now needs to focus on becoming champions, so I do not trouble him.”

Maaaaate have you even seen his record?

It stinks of failure, 8 clubs, 5 of them have lasted less than a year.

Southampton also won 1 game in 10 at the start of this year, hes a clueless fat headed biff and he wouldnt take us further than 7th.
Imo he's done a very good job at Feyenoord and Southampton. He didn't have the most promising start to his managerial career I give you that. For me it's what you learn from those experiences, whether they're good or bad. Seems to me he did that. Would make a great manager for us imo.

Frank de Boer is apparently interested in the Everton job should it become available. His agent was quoted as saying he would be interested in the Everton or Valencia job.

Imo he's done a very good job at Feyenoord and Southampton. He didn't have the most promising start to his managerial career I give you that. For me it's what you learn from those experiences, whether they're good or bad. Seems to me he did that. Would make a great manager for us imo.

He would do a decent job, but I just feel we would have a glass ceiling with him.

Not too sure on FdB tbh. He's been criticised a few times before on his LvG-esque, defensive style of football. He'd sort out our defence and would actually play the youth, at least.

Not too sure on FdB tbh. He's been criticised a few times before on his LvG-esque, defensive style of football. He'd sort out our defence and would actually play the youth, at least.
Total football though mate,total football,I thought that too when we signed Ray Atteveld though:confused:lol

He would do a decent job, but I just feel we would have a glass ceiling with him.
Not sure on that, do think every manager will face that glass ceiling at Everton at one point. Just need someone that's able to break through that glass. With the right backing and total commitment from the board, I honestly believe Koeman could be that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back