Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Koeman would be a safe bet in the sense that you likely won't get any surprises, positive or negative. He'd make the team perform well enough, probably above average, likely not more or less. However, I think Frank de Boer has it in him to be something special. Ofcourse someone that young who hasn't managed in England yet brings risks with him, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't do well.

Well, he prefers to play a 4-3-3 possession style with high pressing. But he can be pragmatic and result driven too when needed. That is probably the complaint with Ajax supporters, as with their history they want to see exciting football always, but while Frank de Boer does value exciting football he tends to build in enough security into the team to get good results at all time, sometimes at the cost of exciting football. Then again, many Dutch teams sit back and defend against Ajax, so it's not easy to produce exciting football against teams like those in the first place. But he likes his team to be dynamic, defend as a team, attack as a team. Team above individuality. I think he's a more pragmatic version of Guardiola, as far as tactics and playing style goes. But it's no coincidence they're influenced by some of the same people.

GET HIM IN.

FdB's record at Ajax speaks for itselfs doesn't it. Have tbh here and admit I don't really follow the Dutch league anymore. Haven't seen an Eredivisie match for over a year. One thing that always strikes me is that a lot of Ajax fans seem unhappy with FdB's playing style.

Ronald Koeman I just do rate. Both managers would look after the youth academy I'm sure about that. Important issue for me personally. Brand of football under Koeman excites me more than that of FDB.

The thing with Ajax supporters though, they kind of live in the past. Still longing for what once was. So now they're in a constant state of unhappiness.

The thing with Ajax supporters though, they kind of live in the past. Still longing for what once was. So now they're in a constant state of unhappiness.

That sounds very familiar, just can't quite think who they sound like.

Hmm

You think he could hack it here?

That's the big question.

I think he's a big enough name to attract very decent players, and his style would build on the good things RM has set in place.

However, the lack of experience in a top league is a worry. Then again, it worked for Koeman, while Poch was a relative unknown

That's the big question.

I think he's a big enough name to attract very decent players, and his style would build on the good things RM has set in place.

However, the lack of experience in a top league is a worry. Then again, it worked for Koeman, while Poch was a relative unknown

Think he would appreciate our reputation as a good academy club too. He would defo bring talents with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back