Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellas, here a Dutch perspective on the FdB situation.

Jaap Stam is not part of his staff anymore, he's managing their 2nd team in the Dutch 2nd division but he has already anounced he's leaving at the end of the season because he wants to manage a club himself, preferably in England. He originally wanted to take over from FdB but got tired of waiting for the job to open up.

Dennis Bergkamp I can't really see coming to Everton, at least from everything that he has said in recent years and more recently too. He doesn't seem ready to leave Ajax yet, but if he will he only seems open to an Arsenal move. He has no aspirations of becoming a manager, he wants to stay out of the limelight. He's not just an assistant at Ajax by the way, he's heavily involved with overall technical policy at Ajax, along with Overmars and Van der Sar. So any successor to FdB there will basically be appointed by them, just to clarify that FdB's successor won't be a reason for Bergkamp to leave either. It will likely be another former Ajax player.

The thing is, I know both Bergkamp and Stam are big names in England, and their backgrounds could certainly help settle quickly in English football, but from a coaching perspective I question their roles in FdB's success at Ajax to a degree. FdB already won 3 Dutch championships before Stam joined Ajax as his assistant. Bergkamp is known to be a very introverted guy, who is more involved with individual and technical coaching than anything else, although I'm sure he does have other input aswell. But the role of the other assistant, Spijkerman, is supposed to be alot bigger. He's the older experienced guy who excells at organisation and communication, and is supposed to organise most of the training too. He is seen as the calm in the storm who takes alot of pressure and work away from FdB.

That said, for me there's no doubt that Frank de Boer himself is mostly responsible for his success at Ajax. He has always been a leader, and a winner. And he's has a big future ahead of him as a manager I think.

Cough, cough, boss grasp of the English language mate.

I think Koeman would be a safe bet in the sense that you likely won't get any surprises, positive or negative. He'd make the team perform well enough, probably above average, likely not more or less. However, I think Frank de Boer has it in him to be something special. Ofcourse someone that young who hasn't managed in England yet brings risks with him, but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't do well.

Well, he prefers to play a 4-3-3 possession style with high pressing. But he can be pragmatic and result driven too when needed. That is probably the complaint with Ajax supporters, as with their history they want to see exciting football always, but while Frank de Boer does value exciting football he tends to build in enough security into the team to get good results at all time, sometimes at the cost of exciting football. Then again, many Dutch teams sit back and defend against Ajax, so it's not easy to produce exciting football against teams like those in the first place. But he likes his team to be dynamic, defend as a team, attack as a team. Team above individuality. I think he's a more pragmatic version of Guardiola, as far as tactics and playing style goes. But it's no coincidence they're influenced by some of the same people.
Reads like my wish list that

the fans I believe[/QUOTE]
It's is getting slightly tedious when you see some of tripe getting turned out from a lot of our fanbase.

I understand everyone is completely entitled to their opinion but get the feeling its arguing for arguing sakes at the minute with blues,I mean look at his cv?

For me , in order of preference its .....

1. Mourinho

2. De Boer
3. Koeman

4.Pellegrini.

I suspect Mourinho is unrealistic but hey we can dream.

I would be very happy with either of the Dutch guys.

Pelligrini is undoutably a safe pair of hands but not an exciting choice IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back