Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be against De Boer, but playing accolades and managing skill don't always go hand in hand. I don't hear anyone clamoring for Klinnsman to manage.
It gets you the respect of the players, knowing he's been there at the highest level as a player and won titles as a manager, he knows how to keep a team winning, irrespective of which league it was in, 5 titles in 6 years is very solid.

What has he done in terms of management, not playing career.

What has he done in a challenging league environment?

Nothing so far. But he has won the league a few times in a minor nation.

Most of us would take him if he brings Stam & Bergkamp (and the rest of his team). If not, then they'll be some caution amongst the fanbase.

Soon.

CSKA-PSV_(5).jpg

It gets you the respect of the players, knowing he's been there at the highest level as a player and won titles as a manager, he knows how to keep a team winning, irrespective of which league it was in, 5 titles in 6 years is very solid.

Again I wouldn't hate De Boer being appointed. If it isn't Mourinho I hope it is De Boer. But that tweet is absolutely absurd. Just because he was a great player doesn't mean he is a great manager. i.e. Alan Shearer, Paul Ince, Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Maradona, Souness would all help prove that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back