Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, crazy climax of the Dutch league.
Again I wouldn't hate De Boer being appointed. If it isn't Mourinho I hope it is De Boer. But that tweet is absolutely absurd. Just because he was a great player doesn't mean he is a great manager. i.e. Alan Shearer, Paul Ince, Tony Adams, Paul Merson, Maradona, Souness would all help prove that point.

True, there's certain qualities not all great players have. They're not all leaders, not all good at communicating and teaching etc. That in combination with tactical intelligence.

Amazing really when you look at that. Imagine being a player here on your first day back at Finch Farm and seeing those three ready to take training..

We need people who know WTF they're doing and have proven it, not people the players can fawn over. Very few great players made great coaches. That's not to say it can't happen but it really shouldn't be part of the selection process.

If he's not sacked by the time we play Norwich, I think Martinez will be our manager start of next season.

De Boer is a pure myth, finishing 2nd at Ajax is like finishing 2nd with the Old Firm, couldn't beat Rapid Vienna in CL qualifying either.

I've never been on the De Boer bandwagon almost impossible to not challenge at Ajax and he's done worse than many before him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back