Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money do you think it would take for him to choose us over United?
Nobody expects him to choose us over United however nobody expected lukaku to choose us over champions league teams. Guess what we don't know he did as they may not have wanted him we simply got lucky & everthjng fell into place at the right time. Mourinho to United isnt 100% far from it

How much money do you think it would take for him to choose us over United?

What's been said above.

If Utd don't want him next year, then it depends how badly he wants to be in the Premier League. If that's very badly, then I guess he'd have to come to us wouldn't he?

We are talking up our chances of landing Mourinho but in reality those chances are pretty slim. I would love to get him, as much as anyone but I hope that we are not in danger of being disappointed with the new manager if it is not him. It's fantastic that we are being linked with such big names so whoever the replacement is will be a class act and a massive improvement on what we have now.

When this thread started months ago my first vote was Koeman, I changed it to Jose when there was a chance we could get him if he didn't get the Utd job.

I still think if Jose wants to stay in England, as he has said he want's to, his family love the UK and are settled, and Utd keep LVG on then there is only one club to join, and with Moshiri he could really do something here, a lot of win here for Mourinho getting us into the CL.

Putting Mourinho to one side, it's between Koeman and De Boer, the first is a sure bet in this league, one is a gamble worth taking.

If push came to shove I think I'd go Koeman, I think he is a fantastic manager on his way up, he gets his best players sold and still comes back with a great team playing good football, bought very well too.

In the position we are in now we can attract top managers, we are a very good project to be involved in, just hope we pick the right man.

Yes agree that's the reality. I don't see Rom staying regardless though. I don't see Jose going to Utd , think its just the media driving this rather than anything solid going on.
You might be right, but I tend to think a truly top class manager might convince him to stay on, at least for a year.

After Klopp's coming to RS, I'd believe anything. They're not bigger than us these days, so why couldn't we get a top manager?

Dream big - that's the first step to being succesfull.

So is this guy...

Martin-ONeill-001.jpg

You might be right, but I tend to think a truly top class manager might convince him to stay on, at least for a year.
Here's hoping. Will come down to the ambition of the new owner which is not visable at present with the current manger still here. I worry that the old guard still on the board will continue with their mindset and not aim as high as we should.
Time will tell I suppose

We haven't been successful for over 20 years. Don't spout NSNO then try to claim we are one of the most successful clubs in the league. We are also rans right now.

I'm reserving judgement on our 'new billionaire owner' for the time being as he's not anything yet. Let's wait and see how much we actually start spending before getting carried away.

And, these 'exceptional young players' you are banging on about. Lukaku? Who else? No one else has done anything to warrant superlatives like exceptional.

Down here in the real world, Mourinho has managed top clubs since hitting the big stage. He's being courted by United. If they want him (which is likely irrespective of what LVG does), they will get him.

You're absolutely right. We haven't been successful for over 20 years. We can change that with an appointment like Mourinho and an injection of cash for new players. Manchester City weren't successful, now they are. Everything changed for them - why not us? I'm not saying we are going to fork out half a billion on players, i'm simply saying we'll be better off now than before. The fact Moshiri stated that wages won't be an issue to bring players in points towards the calibre of player he wants.

The right managerial appointment and organisation/training/fitness/absolute dogged willingness wins pots. We have none of these at the minute, we need somebody who's been there - done that, not Eddie frigging Howe.

Exceptional young players? YEP. How much would Barkley go for in the current market? Stones? Lukaku? Even Deulofeu? This is the spine of a title winning team given the right coaching.

How do you know Mourinho has been courted by Man Utd? Man Utd may have been courted by Mourinho in the vain hope of landing the job. By all accounts Utd's hierarchy don't want/like him so where else can he go if he's hellbent on staying in England? You are right though, if they want him they will get him. Obviously. I'm saying we are a VIABLE option to him and one which could come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back