Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest for a moment. We ALL think Jose would be an amazing manager. But he plays REALLY defensive football. Dave would be SO against that type of football even if we won the Premier League.

All in, let's do it Everton!
No he doesn't.

He plays defensive football when it's the right thing to do. His team's have also been more than capable of absolutely blowing sides away when that's been the right gameplan

When he knows he's got superior players.

Chances are if Mourinho turns up at Finch Farm the likes of Barkley, Lukaku and Stones all stay at Everton.

These are players that were part of pretty much the same team that blew away the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United at Goodison just two years back.

Jose would allow our players to express themselves and blow teams away but he'll also play it smart and be defensive when he needs to be. Jose, unlike Roberto has more than one way of playing.

Chances are if Mourinho turns up at Finch Farm the likes of Barkley, Lukaku and Stones all stay at Everton.

These are players that were part of pretty much the same team that blew away the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United at Goodison just two years back.

Jose would allow our players to express themselves and blow teams away but he'll also play it smart and be defensive when he needs to be. Jose, unlike Roberto has more than one way of playing.

I think the key thing really is the shift in thinking at the club, because as it seems that the process for the new manager is start at the absolute best and work our way down. Instead of seeing who is closer to the middle of the pack and starting down from there.

It would be an absolute coup if we did, i think the key thing is UTD though, I think they will for obvious reasons be his first choice, but if his people are still at the table it shows that we are definitely still in it... so UTD to keep LVG is great for us.

I think it could happen...

No he doesn't.

He plays defensive football when it's the right thing to do. His team's have also been more than capable of absolutely blowing sides away when that's been the right gameplan

As an Interista the two games against Barcelona when Inter won the treble were unbelievably exciting. Whilst the papers and possibly neutrals slayed Mourinho for playing anti football and allowing Barca total possession it worked and Barca resorted to cheating. Many conveniently forgot that in the first leg Inter game back from an early Barca goal to smash them and won 3-1.
Mourinho will play the tactics to win and winning is always fun.

The Chilean Football Federation come to an agreement with Sampaoli.He will payout his release clause over the duration of his next contract.
As has been mentioned Sampaoli has had success with his teams,more so lately ,Universidad de Chile and of course Chile.

Think there will be a difference of ambition in the coming weeks.

Pellegrini and Jose look like instant success recruitment

De beur and avb represent a longer plan and it may take longer than 12 months to turn us around

De beur and avb represent a longer plan and it may take longer than 12 months to turn us around
Good point pal and one I was just thinking about

Id love Jose here as a sign of intent by the club and enjoy the 2 or 3 seasons he was here but don't think wed be building anything long lasting.
Prob sacrifice this for some sort a plan that showed progression and kept the players would want to buy into it. Wev done nought for years so whats another 2 or 3 years if we know it will come in time.

Why does habitual failure AVB keep getting mentioned on this forum??

Good point pal and one I was just thinking about

Id love Jose here as a sign of intent by the club and enjoy the 2 or 3 seasons he was here but don't think wed be building anything long lasting.
Prob sacrifice this for some sort a plan that showed progression and kept the players would want to buy into it. Wev done nought for years so whats another 2 or 3 years if we know it will come in time.
Thing is, I can only see a Mourinho level appointment (as pie in the sky as that might be) having any chance of keeping our top names (particularly Rom and Stones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back