Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that the Board tend to favour managers who are already managing in England. They seem to disregard managers like Favre, Garcia, Emery etc

Kouman is like Moyes so do not be surprised if Moyes comes instead

It is always better than keeping Martinez and having to sack him next year when we will be close to the bottom

I am scared Martinez at this rate will remain despite assurances given he will leave

¤ anyone but Martinez
¤ Im not hugely excited about Koeman
¤ I can be persuaded, though
¤ he seems to be no nonsense manager
¤ knows PL
¤ totally different mind set compared to Martinez presser after So'ton game showed it
¤ would be kind of a statement to snatch him out of there cause theyre thinking why would he go to EVERTON
¤ need more to totally embrace this

Last edited:
¤ anyone Martinez
¤ Im not hugely excited about Koeman
¤ I can be persuaded, though
¤ he seems to be no nonsense manager
¤ knows PL
¤ totally different mind set compared to Martinez presser after So'ton game showed it
¤ would be kind of a statement to snatch him out of there cause theyre thinking why would he go to EVERTON
¤ need more to totally embrace this
make up your mind flip flopper ;)

Personally i think Koeman would be a disgraceful appointment.

Total lack of ambition.

Hardly going to be able to attact or keep top players after his yoyo managerial career. In Holland he seems to have done well on paper but that masks the reality of winning leagues then a disaster of a following season and at valencia he was terrible.

Hes just outside of the top 6 at southampton and hasnt really thrilled me with their football + has had money to spend due to mugging rodgers off on fees.

Hardly an exciting or ambitious appointment. Id rather have Howe and thats saying something.

Total lack of ambition.

Hardly going to be able to attact or keep top players after his yoyo managerial career. In Holland he seems to have done well on paper but that masks the reality of winning leagues then a disaster of a following season and at valencia he was terrible.

Hes just outside of the top 6 at southampton and hasnt really thrilled me with their football + has had money to spend due to mugging rodgers off on fees.

Hardly an exciting or ambitious appointment. Id rather have Howe and thats saying something.

Shall I put you down as a maybe Zat?

Total lack of ambition.

So you in or out with regards to Koeman, Zatburger lad?

Total lack of ambition.

Calm down now mate

Shall I put you down as a maybe Zat?

Brilliant player, used to love watching teams when he played for them...as a manager i can see zero attraction.

When you look at the players he's signed for Sourhampton its also very unambitious.

He shouldnt even be in consideration. Totally unabitious appointment and also smacks of a mid table club level....southampton.

Compare to Cocu whose won the league 2ce in a row losing his best two players last summer and up against ajax....or even de boer himself with an array of superstars on his backroom team...even Jardin at monaco whose had to live with the monaco chairman losing a huge amount of his fortune...these are mid level appointments but have huge upside...Koeman has the "sammy lee / Shane Long" Fear factor...

Brilliant player, used to love watching teams when he played for them...as a manager i can see zero attraction.

When you look at the players he's signed for Sourhampton its also very unambitious.

He shouldnt even be in consideration. Totally unabitious appointment and also smacks of a mid table club level....southampton.

Compare to Cocu whose won the league 2ce in a row losing his best two players last summer and up against ajax....or even de boer himself with an array of superstars on his backroom team...even Jardin at monaco whose had to live with the monaco chairman losing a huge amount of his fortune...these are mid level appointments but have huge upside...Koeman has the "sammy lee / Shane Long" Fear factor...

Im with you Zat, I will boo him for you every week.

Zat is right tho, this is a man that spunked 12m on Shane freaking Long.

I dont have enough LOLs.

His BIG move was to Valencia where he was hated and then back to holland...gets the job st Southampton and blows money on average players and plays efficient football like moyes...

Would Man Utd consider him? No....Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea....No No No.

Hey Zatcow I'm so soz at inferring you lie a lot and pay ladyboys for companionship. Take a brother off ignore and let us try to bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back