Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His BIG move was to Valencia where he was hated and then back to holland...gets the job st Southampton and blows money on average players and plays efficient football like moyes...

Would Man Utd consider him? No....Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea....No No No.

Innit Zat.

At least FDB was "linked" with Spurs and the vermin and won titles this decade, but we should be throwing shed loads at Cocu instead of getting the Dutch David Moyes.

Innit Zat.

At least FDB was "linked" with Spurs and the vermin and won titles this decade, but we should be throwing shed loads at Cocu instead of getting the Dutch David Moyes.

FDB with that backroom staff would be a message of intent...players see Bergkamp and Stam walk in the doot not to mention FDB himself and they will feel inspired.

Cocu has done a great job and could be on track to be a top manager...

Koeman has the laudrup factor. I read an article about him a couple of months ago which highlighted that his scouting network was focused on holland austria and surrounding countries. It mused about koemans effectivness once those places dry up for talent.

Hes made some terrible signings and Tadic has been up and down....Forster, Van Dijk have been good but hardly what you would call top notch.

How fast can you blow £100mil.

FDB with that backroom staff would be a message of intent...players see Bergkamp and Stam walk in the doot not to mention FDB himself and they will feel inspired.

Koeman has the laudrup factor. I read an article about him a couple of months ago which highlighted that his scouting network was focused on holland austria and surrounding countries. It mused about koemans effectivness once those places dry up for talent.

Hes made some terrible signings and Tadic has been up and down....Forster, Van Dijk have been good but hardly what you would call top notch.

Its like 8 Shane Longs Zatman.

Geography's not my strong point but wouldn't Germany and Belgium be amongst the surrounding countries.

I must admit i found the timing and the wording of The Esk's statement really strange? From being a closely guarded secret for weeks to being almost a throw away remark yesterday? I ma not for one minute doubting his sources or his integrity, and my thoughts are almost certainly influenced by my operatic levels of despair. But doesnt this smack of 'we're getting Koeman, because everyone else has told us to sod off'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back