Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate, other things behind the scenes, it's still very much a long shot, and I repeat I think there's another top class candidate more likely to become next Everton manager, but Jose is definitely not out of the frame yet.

If as you say in a later post that top class manager is Koeman mate, then it for me anyway would be a vastly uninspiring choice by us, not one to show a new level of ambition by a mile, would just be us looking at the last Saints manager to make a upward move in Poccehtini and hoping Koeman would do the same.

Nothing in his career shows to me he is anythign other than a average manager at best

Ajax - did ok, whats to be expected for a manager at the biggest team in Holland, but ultimately resigned as they started slumping
Benfica - sacked after 1 season, finished 3rd and was ultimately a failiure looking at it
PSV - 1 season did well and jumped ship
Valencia - Disaster - won the cup but lookes with about 5 games left like he was going to get them relegated when he got the sack, they stuck with him it would have been very similar to Martinez at Wigan - only with Valencia not some minnow English team
Feyenoord - did quite well at again, jumped ship to a bigger opportunity yet again as soon as he had success in Holland
Southampton - did 'okay' nothing special though, kept saints roughly at the level they where already at, best achievment is being able to replace players they sold on a regular basis, but aren't we supposed to be past the point that a manager doing that is THE most important thing

Overall looking at Koeman, he has had 3 spells in the Netherlands managing, all to a degree succesful, although not one of those 3 teams dominated, they just did what you'd expect each to do and compete for the title, he did manage by far the 3 biggest teams int he country - not excel with a minor Dutch team

3 spells he has had immediately following those spells managing in Holland, 2 of those he busted out as a flop after 1 season, and currently after 2 years here he has been 'okay' nothing more, although if the saints board would have pulled the trigger on him after this seasons disastrous start then no one would have batted an eyelid.

Not having a go at you btw, far from it, love your posts and they keep us all in check from meltdown, but Koeman for me anyway is 100% in the same bracket of manager as Hughes and a million miles away from an elite level manager mate, appointing him would have the media and rivals give a collective 'so what' shrug of the shoulders and show we are happy at the level we have been at

No mate, other things behind the scenes, it's still very much a long shot, and I repeat I think there's another top class candidate more likely to become next Everton manager, but Jose is definitely not out of the frame yet.

If as you say in a later post that top class manager is Koeman mate, then it for me anyway would be a vastly uninspiring choice by us, not one to show a new level of ambition by a mile, would just be us looking at the last Saints manager to make a upward move in Poccehtini and hoping Koeman would do the same.

Nothing in his career shows to me he is anythign other than a average manager at best

Ajax - did ok, whats to be expected for a manager at the biggest team in Holland, but ultimately resigned as they started slumping
Benfica - sacked after 1 season, finished 3rd and was ultimately a failiure looking at it
PSV - 1 season did well and jumped ship
Valencia - Disaster - won the cup but lookes with about 5 games left like he was going to get them relegated when he got the sack, they stuck with him it would have been very similar to Martinez at Wigan - only with Valencia not some minnow English team
Feyenoord - did quite well at again, jumped ship to a bigger opportunity yet again as soon as he had success in Holland
Southampton - did 'okay' nothing special though, kept saints roughly at the level they where already at, best achievment is being able to replace players they sold on a regular basis, but aren't we supposed to be past the point that a manager doing that is THE most important thing

Overall looking at Koeman, he has had 3 spells in the Netherlands managing, all to a degree succesful, although not one of those 3 teams dominated, they just did what you'd expect each to do and compete for the title, he did manage by far the 3 biggest teams int he country - not excel with a minor Dutch team

3 spells he has had immediately following those spells managing in Holland, 2 of those he busted out as a flop after 1 season, and currently after 2 years here he has been 'okay' nothing more, although if the saints board would have pulled the trigger on him after this seasons disastrous start then no one would have batted an eyelid.

Not having a go at you btw, far from it, love your posts and they keep us all in check from meltdown, but Koeman for me anyway is 100% in the same bracket of manager as Hughes and a million miles away from an elite level manager mate, appointing him would have the media and rivals give a collective 'so what' shrug of the shoulders and show we are happy at the level we have been at

Koeman would be a good choice

His signings have been good for Southampton, he got a very good football brain.

You are all gutted as you have pinned your hopes on Jose, Simone and emery who we don't have a chance anyway.

It could be worse then Koeman

Moyes
Hughes
Howe
Rodgers
Rafael

Koeman would be a good choice

His signings have been good for Southampton, he got a very good football brain.

You are all gutted as you have pinned your hopes on Jose, Simone and emery who we don't have a chance anyway.

It could be worse then Koeman

Moyes
Hughes
Howe
Rodgers
Rafael
I'm sorry but a "it could be worse" mentality is the reason why we haven't won anything for 20 years.
That's not a compelling argument for the manager at all.

I'm sorry but a "it could be worse" mentality is the reason why we haven't won anything for 20 years.
That's not a compelling argument for the manager at all.

So you believe we are getting Jose
Koeman is a great choice, it will be a coup if we can pull him off and drag him away from Southampton.

FDB with that backroom staff would be a message of intent...players see Bergkamp and Stam walk in the doot not to mention FDB himself and they will feel inspired.

Cocu has done a great job and could be on track to be a top manager...

Koeman has the laudrup factor. I read an article about him a couple of months ago which highlighted that his scouting network was focused on holland austria and surrounding countries. It mused about koemans effectivness once those places dry up for talent.

Hes made some terrible signings and Tadic has been up and down....Forster, Van Dijk have been good but hardly what you would call top notch.

How fast can you blow £100mil.
Eh? They are all fantastic signings for Southampton. Mane? Another corker. We're talking Southampton here, what calibre of player do you think he was supposed to bring to the South Coast? Zlatan maybe?

Southampton are really not a great draw to top quality players. Firstly, they are Southampton, and secondly they don't pay a great deal in wages either.

Any player that gets asked to go there also see that the club flogs it's best players every summer and appear to have zero ambition.

Koeman's transfer policy is one area I wouldn't criticize him on.

12 Million on Shane Long though wasn't great, but again looking at the calibre of player they can realistically attract, he's been a decent signing for them.

12 million also gets you a Jordan Rhodes, Ross McCormack these days, or even an Oumar Niasse!

No swearing
I have been watching Everton for 34 years, season ticket holder since I was 13, I would not step foot in Goodison if the FSW was at our club, can't believe his name is being banded about. Horrible red sh**e, football would well and truly be dead if we got him don't care if he has a good record he is a C***

That is what bugs me, they will engage someone with close Premiership experience and they will not bother to look at what is available on the continent. Very narrow minded. no wonder over the last 16 years we had Smith, Moyes and Martinez and now a good chance of getting Koeman

Massive change in direction of this forum overnight!

Went to bed reading of the Jose rumours possibly coming to fruition and woke up to Koeman being frontrunner!

And if The Esk says so,I believe there is a lot of credibility in it.He did mention that many of the candidates were still employed.

Although not done and dusted,and still crossing fingers for an outside chance of Jose,I would be quite happy with Koeman.

A massive upgrade on present,great eye in the transfer market (particually with extra funds),plays some nice football and would stop the rot at the club because unless at present we are Villa 12 months ago and heading for a season like they have had.

No disrespect to the esk but koeman really isn't a top class manager? Is he?, very underwhelming if he is the big name and strikes me very much of a kenwright appointment, no imagination

A kenwright appointment would be

Moyes
Howe

Koeman work at Southampton is good, just as good as pochettino was for Southampton. He can change a game with subs. He would be a better shot then pellegrini. Players love playing for him according to Davis at Southampton.
He my first choice by the way

That is what bugs me, they will engage someone with close Premiership experience and they will not bother to look at what is available on the continent. Very narrow minded. no wonder over the last 16 years we had Smith, Moyes and Martinez and now a good chance of getting Koeman

So you want to sign someone with a sexy name from a sexy country because it turns you on more

So you want to sign someone with a sexy name from a sexy country because it turns you on more
I never knew that Koeman turns you on. Not coming from the UK exposes me to other countries' leagues such as Germany and Italy and to a lesser extent France and Spain. I am sure Emery, Favre, Garcia and a few Italian coaches will do a far better job than Koeman, Pellegrini or the British coaches mentioned. Obviously it is an asset having Premiership experience but it seems engaging Mourinho, Pocchetino or Wenger is difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back