Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those stats. do not look well. There can be no doubt he would be a major risk and that is something we cannot do anymore.

checked his season at Benfica out as well, took over the reigning champions from the previous season - who finished 3 clear of Porto, and finished 3rd with them, 12 points behind Porto (in a 30 game league), following season the new manager also came 3rd - and finished 2 points behind winners Porto.

Overall he has done 'OK' in Dutch football, but failed massively in 2 out of his 3 jobs abroad, and has he really been a massive success at Saints, 14 losses last season, 11 so far this one, dumped out of all cups early twice in a row by Palace in the FA Cup, hamerred by the rs this year 6-1 and beaten last year by Sheff United in the LC, knocked out in the qualifying rounds by Midtjylland in the Uefa.

He is an 'OK' manager, nothing more, he has been around long enough - 19 years in managerial terms that he isn't someone who is going to imrpove dramatically, he is ability wise a Dutch version of Mark Hughes really.

Sorry but he seems to have one 'positive' attached to him in that he likes working with a DoF model, and a lot of other managers may want more control, so basically he may be the 'best' who fits the structure that Moshiri wants to put into place at the club.

Game changing appointment - not for a millisecond, we are hiring a manager who has failed at the 2 biggest clubs he has managed in Valencia and Benfica in a season apiece, and whose greatest achievement is finishing 6th last season and likely 8th this season, it does show the actual level clubs are aspiring towards really.

Koeman is about as exciting a prospect for me as Hughes would be, both proven at the better level to not be up to it, both shown that they can do mid table mediocrity quite well

Rafael Benitez is a successful manager and would be good for us - experienced, won trophies and still has the passion and drive. Fear he won't be properly considered for irrational reasons

He managed Liverpool in the past and said that we're a 'small club'. Words spoken whilst managing a rival team - irrelevant to his ability to build a team at Everton
The day Everton employ Benitez, is the day we do become a small club for me.

Yeah he also fell out with a number of players, Emery had to then come in and sort the mess out. Win rate for league was 18.18%.

Was trying to figure out his league percentage mate so cheers you saved us the trouble, and christ thats bad with any team, for that Valencia team who aside from Barca and Madrid was the 'best of the rest' it is shocking

My personal concern with Koeman would be the massive step up from a small provincial yo yo club like Southampton to club with the size and standing of Everton.

He is going to not have badly dressed Soccer AM loving cringey fans playing up for the cameras, but a working class fanbase expecting things to be done in a certain manner.

Although for him on a personal note imagine the option to live locally rather than in a grey nondescript civil gash hole.

He'll jump at it all points considered. Who wouldn't?

When the hell did Southampton become anything like a club of the status of Everton?
I just hope he makes it - its a massive leap from relative obscurity to one of the giants of the English game

* pulls up a chair and makes himself comfy

Was trying to figure out his league percentage mate so cheers you saved us the trouble, and christ thats bad with any team, for that Valencia team who aside from Barca and Madrid was the 'best of the rest' it is shocking
No problem, I keep banging on about Emery but he's streets ahead of Koeman and we should be at least getting him to talk to us. He may well say no like he did at West Ham but at least we'll have asked. He won't want to carry on with a negative spend at Sevilla (£83 million so far) for too much longer and is surely going to move on sooner rather than later. He also works with a director of football as far as I know. Sell him the plan Moshiri!

No problem, I keep banging on about Emery but he's streets ahead of Koeman and we should be at least getting him to talk to us. He may well say no like he did at West Ham but at least we'll have asked. He won't want to carry on with a negative spend at Sevilla (£83 million so far) for too much longer and is surely going to move on sooner rather than later. He also works with a director of football as far as I know. Sell him the plan Moshiri!

IF we are hiring Koeman it is either because no one else wants to work udner the conditions we are imposing, or they have just knocked us back flat, i honestly can't see it being the latter, which for me is maybe more worrying

Just been on betfair and O Neil is still 7/4 fav. I can't begin to think how I will feel starting the season with this man in charge.

Would take Benitez in a heart beat , I have argued that point before.
My top 3.

Jose/Benitez/Emery..
Emery would provide more comedic value than Bobby imho;)lol

Attachments

• 6a0120a7aae27b970b01538f6cdea3970b-800wi.webp
    6a0120a7aae27b970b01538f6cdea3970b-800wi.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 77
But just because they are better than Martinez shoudnt make them are manager mate. Is that it? Let's get him coz he's better than him..... We ain't going anywere like that
Nah your right Mate we should go for the best now to make us go forwards I said that comment because I don't want to disappoint myself I'd love mourinho at Everton tbh the fume it would cause and us being great again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back