Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any final decision yet, I think both options are still open. As far as I know talks have continued, but I'd have to say the chances of landing Jose must be slimmer than Koeman coming here just by virtue of the options open to him, hence my comments last night.
Are their any conditions from our side that you know that are putting any managers off, as per bluestevon theory above?

Thing is mate, i know you have said a few times about the start of a new era, an appointment that will show without doubt that we have moved on massively from the previous owners etc, but for you personally does Koeman count as a 'top level' manager who is a different league than what we have been sued to and will make people sit up a bit- given his career, and his obvious limitations that have been shown in his various jobs i find it REALLY difficult to imagine he is

Funnily enough, I believe he could be a very good appointment. He's had a somewhat nomadic career so far in management, but with the right backing in terms of finance and support, I think he could do a very good job for us over 3-5 years, and if more successful than anticipated then over a longer period.

I'd say we'd definitely be Europa League contenders under him, and depending on recruitment we should be contenders for the CL. Ranieri has proven there are no longer limitations if you hit upon a winning formula - I don't see an obvious reason why Koeman couldn't get pretty close to what Ranieri has achieved. From what I hear, Moshiri really likes the guy and his ideas, which in terms of building something over time seems a good starting point.

Losing players is one thing and can happen to any manager mate - see Mourinho this season, but losing ANY form of respect from them like it is apparent that Koeman did is much more alarming, players publicly slagging and taking the piss out of a manager just shows a massive warning sign.

Different losing players because they find your ways too demanding over a few years and can happen to the best, to just within a season to have the players think your clueless though is a whole lot more worrying
Agreed and it's a big worry

Mynes Jose Jose and Jose. Only manager that will shift us a club straight away
I think the only way we'd get Jose, and I'm not giving up yet, is if he feels he wants to take on a massive task and really challenge himself. He's won everything and I don't think he has anything left to prove.
Yeah he could take the Utd job and win stuff but imagine dragging a team like us to the top? What an achievement that'd be.
It's a bit of a cliche, but we really are a sleeping giant, or comatosed in our case, and he really would go down as one of the greats if he could restore us back to the top, not to mention the publicity and recognition he would bring us around the world
Yeah it's probably a dream and asking too much but that's what being an Evertonian does to you.

Koeman isn't the marquee signing I'm looking for. It's the type of manager we'd be in for without a billionare owner and Bill still calling the shots.

Funnily enough, I believe he could be a very good appointment. He's had a somewhat nomadic career so far in management, but with the right backing in terms of finance and support, I think he could do a very good job for us over 3-5 years, and if more successful than anticipated then over a longer period.

I'd say we'd definitely be Europa League contenders under him, and depending on recruitment we should be contenders for the CL. Ranieri has proven there are no longer limitations if you hit upon a winning formula - I don't see an obvious reason why Koeman couldn't get pretty close to what Ranieri has achieved. From what I hear, Moshiri really likes the guy and his ideas, which in terms of building something over time seems a good starting point.
Without sounding harsh mate do you not think this is a little come down from what was previously predicted?

Losing players is one thing and can happen to any manager mate - see Mourinho this season, but losing ANY form of respect from them like it is apparent that Koeman did is much more alarming, players publicly slagging and taking the piss out of a manager just shows a massive warning sign.

Different losing players because they find your ways too demanding over a few years and can happen to the best, to just within a season to have the players think your clueless though is a whole lot more worrying
But that was eight years ago. Nearly every manager has a stint in their career where that type of thing happens.

Okay you're not keen on him we get that, but you're another who is being selective in finding anything negative you can about the man.

It's best to look at what he's doing more recently rather than eight years ago, and he's doing a fantastic Job at Southampton.

I've also noted that a number of Southampton players have recently come out in the press and stated how important it is that Koeman stays at Southampton.

He may well have "lost the players" eight years ago at Valencia, but the current Saints lot seem to think an awful lot of him.

Just for balance like.

I know I should stop liking all your posts mate. But I do

I don't think pochetinno is a genius, he has a world class keeper, a striker in form of his life and a great centre back signing in aldereirweld...it aint that difficult really

He's obviously not available, but if he was he'd be number one on my wish list. In a very short space of time he's transformed first Southampton and now Spurs. Look at how the academy players have come on in leaps and bounds at Spurs - if only we could have matched that at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back