Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably rubbish, but the Express have reported on a story from Spain that Mourinho's going to Valencia. Hmmm.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ar-Deal-Manchester-United-Snubbed-Ed-Woodward

Man United stunned: Jose Mourinho set to sign five-year deal to manage Spanish club
JOSE MOURINHO is close to signing a five-year deal with Valencia, according to reports in Spain.
By JAMES CAMBRIDGE
PUBLISHED: 07:52, Thu, May 12, 2016 | UPDATED: 08:13, Thu, May 12, 2016

Jose Mourinho has reportedly agreed to join Valencia

Mourinho has been linked with the Manchester United job for months and Express Sportunderstands he is the No 1 candidate to replace Louis van Gaal - if he leaves this summer.

However, Van Gaal has suggested he is staying, claiming this month he would see out the remainder of his three-year deal.

"We have a process of three years. I wanted to sign for two years, they wanted three years – not me," he said.

"I signed for three years, so next year you see me again.”

And now reports in Spain indicate Mourinho is close to agreeing a deal with Valencia who are in the market for a permanent boss.

The La Liga side have endured a disappointing season and following the sacking Gary Neville appointed assistant Pako Ayestaran in March on a temporary basis.

Journalists from Spanish outlet Punto Pelota claim Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes is sorting out a five-year deal for him to join Valencia.

Juan Gato wrote: "The coach rests these days in Ibiza, while his representative Jorge Mendes closed yesterday in Valencia the fringes of signing with Peter Lim - £36million for five seasons."

And fellow journalist Jordi Anjauma claimed on twitter he has it on good authority that Mourinho is set for a move to the Mestalla Stadium.

"A very reliable source informs me Mourinho will sign for Valencia in order to play at Barca and Madrid in the league," he added.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rto-Martinez-Manchester-United-Farhad-Moshiri

Everton manager shock: Billionaire owner to swoop for Man Utd target to replace Martinez
EVERTON'S new majority investor, Farhad Moshiri, will target Jose Mourinho if the club decide to sack Roberto Martinez.
By UCHE AMAKO
PUBLISHED: 11:42, Sun, Apr 17, 2016 | UPDATED: 12:13, Sun, Apr 17, 2016

Jose-Mourinho-661770.jpg
GETTY

Farhad Moshiri wants Jose Mourinho at Everton
The Spaniard is facing growing discontent at Goodison Park and was confronted by a pitch invader in their 1-1 with Southampton yesterday.

The Toffees have won just five out of a possible 27 points at home in their last nine matches and are languishing in eventh place.

Jose Mourinho spotted leaving Guy Ritchie's house
Tue, April 12, 2016
Jose Mourinho has been spotted in London leaving the house of Chelsea fan and famous film-maker Guy Ritchie amid continued rumours of Manchester United talks

125277.jpg

GETTY IMAGES
1 of 7
Jose Mourinho has been spotted in London leaving the house of Chelsea fan and famous film-maker Guy Ritchie
And Martinez's future could depend on FA Cup success, with their semi-final against Manchester United next week.

According to the Daily Star Sunday, Moshiri is eyeing ex-Chelsea boss Mourinho to take over.

It is claimed the odds on the Portuguese being appointed have slashed from 50-1 to 12-1.

The former Real Madrid boss has been heavily linked with the Manchester United job with Louis van Gaal's position also dependent on an FA Cup win and Champions League qualification.

So the express has managed to report that Mourinho is going to manage both Valencia & Everton?

What an absolute farce of a publication.

If ever there was proof that football journalists' sources were made up from Twitter, this is it.

You're talking as if De Boer would be a long term plan. Four years and he's moved from his boyhood club. So who else would stay long term?

Bit different though being his first coaching job, winning the title 4 years on the trot and having a possible move to a bigger league such as The Premier League or La Liga. Its a career defining move for him, so it would be daft for him to stay much longer.

Bit different though being his first coaching job, winning the title 4 years on the trot and having a possible move to a bigger league such as The Premier League or La Liga. Its a career defining move for him, so it would be daft for him to stay much longer.

He's been there 6 years as well.

I don't get why people seem to think it'snot reasonable for a manager to stay and build a team and everything should be 3 years max. I guarantee Liverpool and Klopp aren't thinking 3 years, they're thinking (if things go well) 3 years to rebuild and shape the team with steady progress, good cup runs and solidleague showings whilst he builds his side then after that push foward to make things happen. It's minimum a 5 year plan and as long as there's steady prigress it will continue.

That's the type of manager and plan we need.

Mourinho now says he will start at his new club on aJuly 1st but it'll be a difficult start as he'll not of been involved with the club before then.

That almost certainly rules us out then as there's no reason he'd have to wait until July 1st if he was joining us.

In another thread I mentioned i know nothing of De Boer, but with him leaving the prestige Ajax I do think we are the most sensible switch?

Anyone strong-willed, ambitious and able to organise a solid team defence will be sound though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back