Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd bring short term success but squander possibly the best young batch of players we've ever had

Players already in the team such as Deulofeu, Browning and Galloway would also suffer

Need to think long term here
Is that even possible any more. A 3 yr plan IS long term now.

Man City can't fill their stadium, plenty of vacancies available.
New stadium effect has worn off
Team 4th
Meh
City used to boast back in their old 3rd div days that they could get 30000, well yes they could, thats about the true measure of their support, always was historically, so back to status quo for them
We would be the same, no matter what capacity the ground was, we would find a level at 37/38k for an average season, which this is for city.

Last edited:

44 votes for Moyes?! Jesus Christ. I think he did a great job to a point but at least with Martinez we go to the big clubs and give it a shot. I'm not really inspired by any of those choices

I don't get how people wouldn't have mourinho (not saying we have any chance of getting him like) even if he came here and won the league cup it's a trophy and I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick and tired of being reminded the last time we actually won a trophy. There are people who probably wasn't even born on here the last time we won a trophy.

Not saying it would ever happen, but anyone who wouldn't take Mourinho needs to give their head a wobble.
It's all the old lads afraid of change. They'd rather sleepwalk into bottom half finishes than take a leap into the unknown. Thankfully for the Evertonians that expect more the young turks are gonna bring them on kicking and screaming into the new age. No room for sentiment anymore. Oh the times they are a changing.

It's all the old lads afraid of change. They'd rather sleepwalk into bottom half finishes than take a leap into the unknown. Thankfully for the Evertonians that expect more the young turks are gonna bring them on kicking and screaming into the new age. No room for sentiment anymore. Oh the times they are a changing.
Loving this.

Let civil war commence.

aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

I'm no old fogey and I'm advocating patience hun.
Also advocating a need to get results but patience is a virtue in a world of instant gratification.
This isn't like tinder, you can't just swipe right on every bird until you find an easy filthy one that will fill your every need.
Good things take time, and we need to take our time making the right decision for the club. Rushing into change unprepared is a surefire plan for disaster.

Its actually more the kids afraid of change which is why Martinez is getting a rough time of it....zero parience for the changes he is making.

Signing Mourinho would be a disaster. Kiss goodbye to the young players and youth system and welcome back to negative football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back