Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its actually more the kids afraid of change which is why Martinez is getting a rough time of it....zero parience for the changes he is making.

Signing Mourinho would be a disaster. Kiss goodbye to the young players and youth system and welcome back to negative football.
This would be my one major hesitation about Mourinho, aside from his ability to disrupt any club he manages.
We're pretty close under Martinez and just need someone, either the incumbent or a new man to come in and make the little tweaks we need to become a very good team that wins.
If we brought in Mourinho, while I think he is a very good manager, and a manager I don't know that he is the best man for what we need, or someone who could take what we have and build on it further.

This would be my one major hesitation about Mourinho, aside from his ability to disrupt any club he manages.
We're pretty close under Martinez and just need someone, either the incumbent or a new man to come in and make the little tweaks we need to become a very good team that wins.
If we brought in Mourinho, while I think he is a very good manager, and a manager I don't know that he is the best man for what we need, or someone who could take what we have and build on it further.

Hed change the entire style of play and culture of the club and we would be back to square 1.

Need to give Martinez cash and next season see how he does.

Hed change the entire style of play and culture of the club and we would be back to square 1.

Need to give Martinez cash and next season see how he does.
As long as we won something wouldn't mind as much, but he is someone who manages very much in the short term and not the long term.
We have a good crop of youngsters coming through and we'd ideally get a commitment from him to try and bring them through if he was prepared to come here.

As long as we won something wouldn't mind as much, but he is someone who manages very much in the short term and not the long term.
We have a good crop of youngsters coming through and we'd ideally get a commitment from him to try and bring them through if he was prepared to come here.

Thats what he was meant to be doing at Chelsea...

If he only signed u23 players then ok we would keep building the squad long term and he may well be with us a long time...but he wouldnt do that.

Everton as a club current self-projecting with current results

jose-mourinho.jpg

One season into Jose's glorious reign having won the treble

Jose-Mourinho-at-a-Chelse-008.jpg

We're in the Big Dong Club now lads, with our [pink one]Eye of Sauron aiming directly at the Pit

Everton as a club current self-projecting with current results

jose-mourinho.jpg

One season into Jose's glorious reign having won the treble

Jose-Mourinho-at-a-Chelse-008.jpg

We're in the Big Dong Club now lads, with our [pink one]Eye of Sauron aiming directly at the Pit
If he came he'd give RAWK an aneurysm tbf, Klopp would probably go a bit mentalist as well.
If there's one thing Jose is good at, it's antagonising rivals and Liverpool.
With us he could do both simultaneously, would be great craic.

If he came he'd give RAWK an aneurysm tbf, Klopp would probably go a bit mentalist as well.
If there's one thing Jose is good at, it's antagonising rivals and Liverpool.
With us he could do both simultaneously, would be great craic.

Imagine it mate

Jose would insist that on the back of the Park End, there was just an endless loop of this

Ba.gif

Joe Anderson would wave the planning permission through easily.

Soundtrack of "oops i did it again" with a laughing track of Pulis superimposed.

I do understand people wanting a 'coach for continuity' - it's a nice thought. The last lad had the job for 10 years.... didn't win a thing. Inherited a squad that needed an overhaul, left a squad that... needed an overhaul. The only two players he took all the way through his tenure (youth and into first team) were Osman and Hibbert!

If you look at most major, successful clubs these days, they change their manager / first team coach every three years. If we are genuinely now so rich we are shopping in all the top places, a top tier coach for three years is better than a mediocre one for five or more years. Would Stones and Barkley survive? Nigh-on guaranteed. After using Browning and Galloway earlier this season those two have now found chances limited - same would go if a new manager comes in.

The only one who would have much more of a chance with Martinez than top tier A. N. Other is Del I think.

I do understand people wanting a 'coach for continuity' - it's a nice thought. The last lad had the job for 10 years.... didn't win a thing. Inherited a squad that needed an overhaul, left a squad that... needed an overhaul. The only two players he took all the way through his tenure (youth and into first team) were Osman and Hibbert!

If you look at most major, successful clubs these days, they change their manager / first team coach every three years. If we are genuinely now so rich we are shopping in all the top places, a top tier coach for three years is better than a mediocre one for five or more years. Would Stones and Barkley survive? Nigh-on guaranteed. After using Browning and Galloway earlier this season those two have now found chances limited - same would go if a new manager comes in.

The only one who would have much more of a chance with Martinez than top tier A. N. Other is Del I think.
I wasn't even looking so much at Galloway, Browning e.t.c, I reckon Galloway will certainly get more of a go down the track.
Was looking at the likes of Ledson/Walsh + Dowell, players who are a year away or two from competing for a first team place.
Genuinely some quality players coming through, and would be nice to utilise that, save some money and have locals come through.

Del needs nuturing more than most imo.

I wasn't even looking so much at Galloway, Browning e.t.c, I reckon Galloway will certainly get more of a go down the track.
Was looking at the likes of Ledson/Walsh + Dowell, players who are a year away or two from competing for a first team place.
Genuinely some quality players coming through, and would be nice to utilise that, save some money and have locals come through.

Del needs nuturing more than most imo.

Funnily enough though mate - and this is an admission[!] by Martinez - these are exactly the sort of group that do not succeed here.

MacAleny is probably not going to make it, to add to Duffy and the rest. All let go. Galloway has been brought in rather than developed through the system. Browning is just about the only one, and it's a shame that though he can play right back, he's not being tried there with Coleman out of form and Stones clearly no good in that position. Would seem made for him to have a run - he's looked pretty decent, but being 21 and only playing 6 senior games a season can't be described as good development opportunities.

If Martinez stays, they won't get brought through.

Funnily enough though mate - and this is an admission[!] by Martinez - these are exactly the sort of group that do not succeed here.

MacAleny is probably not going to make it, to add to Duffy and the rest. All let go. Galloway has been brought in rather than developed through the system. Browning is just about the only one, and it's a shame that though he can play right back, he's not being tried there with Coleman out of form and Stones clearly no good in that position. Would seem made for him to have a run - he's looked pretty decent, but being 21 and only playing 6 senior games a season can't be described as good development opportunities.

If Martinez stays, they won't get brought through.
Browning is out with an ACL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back