Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i the only one who would actually be gutted if we end up with Mourinho. I get that he has won the title etc. but he is in and out at clubs before you know it and seems to be very divisive with players, management, coaching staff, team doctors etc, As proven at pretty much every club he has been at after a season or two.

Yeah looking at his track record he is in and out of clubs in about 3 seasons, be absolutely gutted if he did that here with the customary league title and domestic cup win that he normally/has always achieved in those three years

Dear me some lids wear mediocrity like it's a warm blanket. "Plucky old Everton punching above their weight", fills 'em with pride this sort of chat. Just like sticking with a wham chatting underperformer, it's familiar, it's Everton. What they need to realise sharpish lest they get left behind is that Uncle Farhad represents a paradigm shift in Everton football club. The young lids want success and will tilt at the moon to get it, but are being dragged down by their shoelaces by the cosseted old guard, "Patience, Building something, young players etc etc". The future is now, and the young turks know it and are taking no more hand wringing. Out with the old in with the new, Moshy has big plans and fresh ideas. Don't let fear of change hold us back.

It would be a BIG risk and I agree with all the points you highlight.

Personally I dont think he would even consider us (even if we might have some cash).

If he did (big if) I think it would be an interesting prospect and a whole new type of challenge for him - we dont exactly fit the mould of where he usualy goes. So I think even he would get that, and would have to adapt his style/approach in order to be able to realise any success with us.

I also wonder if the bigger clubs that he usually bails out are now wise to his short term stays at places and it is that sort of angle to him that is cooling the likes of the talk of Man U or other big hitters.

The slight concern at the back of the mind is that he needs to take on a project like us to prove that there is more to him than the usual short term at established big club entry on the CV.

Interesting times ahead!

Funny thing about him is, actually going to a club with good players who aren't superstar types with ego's to match may actually give him a smoother ride away from any internal strife at the club with senior/ego players, same as would working with very talented younger players, he talked about a long term project and the Chelsea job i think he wanted to be in it for the long haul - now that didn't pan out - he could be tempted to take on a real project - but one that smart football people will realise has amazing potential attached to it.

Doubt it like, but as a career move can say 100% coming to us would do more for his reputation than say moving to United or PSG and the same old thing happening, we'd give him a chance to do a porto version 2 and any sucess with us would cement/guarantee his reputation as one of the greatest of all time, all depends how much fight the bloke has and if he feels like taking a calculated but intelligent gamble

Barkley, Stones, Lukaku, Funes Mori, Besic, Baines, Coleman, Deulofeu, McCarthy - that is a very very strong core of players to inherit for any manager and most would love the chance to work with them

Give him 100m on top of any players sales he wants to move on and we would have a frigteningly powerful team at the start of the season

As for those wh slate him for not giving young players a chance, fair enough - he has made mistakes no doubt about it, partly due to having to almost have instant success due to the clubs he has managed not being ones to give any time at all to a manager, the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku werent good enough when he let them leave to start for chelsea, are they now - ofc they are - but both vastly improved from the two years in between leaving and now.

Also Varane, Robben, Hazzard all show that if your good enough at the time then he will play them, the likes of Barkley, Stones, Lukaku would all start for him for example and Deulofeu could actually become so much better with a coach who instills workrate and stamina into him

Quite fancy Pellegrini to be fair. I think he's free in the summer. Good bit of tactical nous.

Not sure mate - Pellegrini looks like a defeated man to me, doesnt look like he has much fight left in him. I think City have sapped his will to live (understandable) and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a bit of a break from the game.

Only Everton fans could be dismissive about wanting mourinho as manager. Yes he is temperamental, yes he is a short term fix, yes he brings baggage but.....the bloke is a winner!!!!
Would he have this present squad as it is, challenging for top 6. The answer is yes. With additions to this present squad, could we be challenging the top 4. The answer is yes. Would we have a better opportunity to win trophies with him at the helm. The answer is yes.
For what's it worth I don't consider mourinho would come here, when you consider the calibre of clubs that would want his services, but I can't get my head around the fact some fans don't want a winner and one of the best managers in the world at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back