Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear me some lids wear mediocrity like it's a warm blanket. "Plucky old Everton punching above their weight", fills 'em with pride this sort of chat. Just like sticking with a wham chatting underperformer, it's familiar, it's Everton. What they need to realise sharpish lest they get left behind is that Uncle Farhad represents a paradigm shift in Everton football club. The young lids want success and will tilt at the moon to get it, but are being dragged down by their shoelaces by the cosseted old guard, "Patience, Building something, young players etc etc". The future is now, and the young turks know it and are taking no more hand wringing. Out with the old in with the new, Moshy has big plans and fresh ideas. Don't let fear of change hold us back.

Exactly, what is our motto? It has been forgotten. No more "knives to gunfights" and "finishing 7th is like winning the league" from our pessimist managers and so-called captains.
TV Money & Moshiri money means we can think big. We need a organisational-wide shift in our mentality. Nothing but the best is good enough.
  • Mourinho (he has talked about a long-term project. We would give him the love he requires, and he also has always talked highly of the club and our fans). £100m to get us top 4. I think he would relish the challenge.
  • Pellegrini
  • Hiddink
  • Unai Emery

It's speculative clap trap for Pokemon playing insecure lads in their early twenties mate.

Nothing to do with superfandom, more to do with not turning this place in to BAWK because if I was them I'd be laughing my cock off at Evertonians coveting Mourinho.

When you've watched a bit more Everton and football in general then I may be likely to accept your opinion mate. But as said opinion is Soccer AM regurgitated tosh at the moment, laced with latent insecurity, then I have a tough time getting excited about anything you post.

In poster terms you're basically cardboard.
Whatever you do mate don't read any Sigmund Freud.

Andre Villas Boas, seen once upon a time as the new Mourinho. Had a shocker at Chelsea, but in many ways, that club was destined to fail for him. Having players a similar age with egos the size of the pitch they play on didn't exactly help. How is he supposed to command respect if Drogba and Terry didn't respect his authority? None of them will. Moved onto Spurs in Levy's trigger happy days. Not making excuses for the guy, but he got dealt a poor hand. Having one of the most talented athletes snatched from you and replaced with a handful of dross was never going to hit the ground running and was a work in progress. Which Levy didn't allow...that being said, what he did do was organise his teams to their strengths. Shown better in Zenit and Porto. Zenit, at the time of AVB appointment were average side, they now have a solid set of players and exceed expectations in the champions league.

My opinion lads, but give AVB the time to build a squad and implement himself and I think he could be the man to take us forward.

I agree with some people, it's disrespectful to speculate on a new manager while the current one is still very much in the job. But like the whole theme of the thread. It's hyptothetical

Exactly, what is our motto? It has been forgotten. No more "knives to gunfights" and "finishing 7th is like winning the league" from our pessimist managers and so-called captains.
TV Money & Moshiri money means we can think big. We need a organisational-wide shift in our mentality. Nothing but the best is good enough.
  • Mourinho (he has talked about a long-term project. We would give him the love he requires, and he also has always talked highly of the club and our fans). £100m to get us top 4. I think he would relish the challenge.
  • Pellegrini
  • Hiddink
  • Unai Emery
You've got it mate. The old codgers bang on about yesteryear, afraid to give the next generation their taste as it'll somehow dilute their prized memories. They get to tell all the young bloods about the good old days down the local and it'll get taken away if we strive for something and they fear getting left behind. We need to assure them that we'll take care of them and just enjoy the ride. Leave it to the lids with energy and they can bask in the reflected light too.

• Pellegrini
  • Hiddink
  • Unai Emery

And at the same time I can't be bothered with people holding the club motto up to arms and living by it like it's gospel.

100million all in I would of thought, inc. sign on Fees and the rest

Hmmm can't see it.

I see it as being a £100mil investment mate.

That will mean to go towards FF development, some commerical deals etc.

Factor in wages and new contracts.

£40mil is our budget this summer I'd wager (not including player sales).

Assuming we manage to keep hold of our big guns - for argument's sake.

Sales of Kev and the deadwood could raise circa £15mil in fees plus their saved wages.

So £55mil (ish).

Still a decent chunk and if we keep hold of the major players more than enough.

It's speculative clap trap for Pokemon playing insecure lads in their early twenties mate.

Nothing to do with superfandom, more to do with not turning this place in to BAWK because if I was them I'd be laughing my cock off at Evertonians coveting Mourinho.

When you've watched a bit more Everton and football in general then I may be likely to accept your opinion mate. But as said opinion is Soccer AM regurgitated tosh at the moment, laced with latent insecurity, then I have a tough time getting excited about anything you post.

In poster terms you're basically cardboard.

Ooh touchy Touchy. Calm yourself, look at the thread title, then ask yourself what you're doing in here if you have no interest in discussing Roberto's hypothetical replacement. I'm sure I'm not alone in having absolutely no interest what any RAWK lurkers or kopites in general think about anything. If you want to moderate yourself through that lens fine by me but it's not for everyone.

Hmmm can't see it.

Sales of Kev and the deadwood could raise circa £15mil in fees plus their saved wages.

So £55mil (ish).

Would you say the £40mil is with or without the new TV deal coming in? I think it will be slightly more but not the £100mil banded about - how stupid would we be we get money and then tell every club in world football how much money we have to spend.

Secretary "Hi, its Everton on the phone asking about X player"

Manager "Add £10million ontop of our value!"

Hmmm can't see it.

So £55mil (ish).

I think we have an entire different budget for Finch Farm. I hope the accommodation aspect leads to us buying the complex outright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back