Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see the arguments for and against Mourinho, he does tend to win things, but he rarely develops players and often draws a lot of negative attention and either flounces off in a hissy fit or gets sacked.

I would put in a shout for Diego Simeone, I know he may not be proven in the Premier League, but he has been doing very well with Athletico Madirid over the last 5 years

With the new investment it could be that whoever comes in next might not have to be so astute in finding bargains with players.

Hope the current one succeeds so this thread is null and void first though.

You off the fence now, Chico??

Still sitting on it myself

Diego Simeone

Does anyone think this calibre of manager would come to Everton? I know the Premier League is currently very attractive, and we are financially in a better position now we have Moshri on board, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have better offers. We aren't a club who can buy top of the range players, probably can't attract top name managers either.

Does anyone think this calibre of manager would come to Everton? I know the Premier League is currently very attractive, and we are financially in a better position now we have Moshri on board, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have better offers. We aren't a club who can buy top of the range players, probably can't attract top name managers either.
Personally I think it's astronomically unlikely that either would come to Everton.

However, i think people even discussing the possibility is predicated on one of them (let's take Mourinho for argument's sake) wanting to come to or stay in the Premier League.

José has said his next job will be in England. Now if we take that to be true, the next question becomes, where is he going to go. The obvious answer is United. But recent rumours seem to indicate that it's more likely that either van Gaal stays on, or even that Giggs becomes the next manager.

Now IF we discount United (a jump, but not as big a one as it seemed a few weeks back) then what are his options?

Chelsea: No for obvious reasons
Man City: Just appointed Pep
Arsenal: If and when Wenger leaves, he'll almost certainly have a say in appointing the new man. Hell will freeze over before he gives it to Mourinho
Liverpool: They've already got their new idol
Tottenham: Can't see Pochettino leaving with how they're doing at the moment.

So i think that's the reasoning - IF he wants to stay in the PL, and IF the Utd job doesn't happen - he's actually a bit short on options.

As I said, I don't imagine there's much, if any chance of him coming to Everton (for starters Martinez would have to be sacked, which I don't think will happen), but I guess there is some sort of logic to the argument that it COULD happen.

Personally I think it's astronomically unlikely that either would come to Everton.

However, i think people even discussing the possibility is predicated on one of them (let's take Mourinho for argument's sake) wanting to come to or stay in the Premier League.

José has said his next job will be in England. Now if we take that to be true, the next question becomes, where is he going to go. The obvious answer is United. But recent rumours seem to indicate that it's more likely that either van Gaal stays on, or even that Giggs becomes the next manager.

Now IF we discount United (a jump, but not as big a one as it seemed a few weeks back) then what are his options?

Chelsea: No for obvious reasons
Man City: Just appointed Pep
Arsenal: If and when Wenger leaves, he'll almost certainly have a say in appointing the new man. Hell will freeze over before he gives it to Mourinho
Liverpool: They've already got their new idol
Tottenham: Can't see Pochettino leaving with how they're doing at the moment.

So i think that's the reasoning - IF he wants to stay in the PL, and IF the Utd job doesn't happen - he's actually a bit short on options.

As I said, I don't imagine there's much, if any chance of him coming to Everton (for starters Martinez would have to be sacked, which I don't think will happen), but I guess there is some sort of logic to the argument that it COULD happen.

Very good points, and in a season where Leicester are top of the table in March, it's clear that anything can happen.

As much as Mourinho says his next job will be in England however, if he had the choice between us and a CL team on the continent, I'd be shocked if he chose us, regardless of what he'd said previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back