Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah personally I think he'd be good, personality traits notwithstanding.

Is there any substance to today's Jose-to-EFC rumour?

The link is Moshi's personal friendship with Jorges Mendes who just happens to be Mourinho's agent. That's about as deep as the link goes.

Im not sure why posters dont think we could get an out of work Mourinho. He'd come for the right money and transfer pot.

Does make me wonder about peoples sanity though wanting a "chequebook manager" and also saying the fans would "give him time" all while posting insults about the current manager who has a contract with us.

Makes zero sense to employ a young attack minded long term focused manager to upgrade the squad and change the clubs culture and then sack him before he's finished his work then employ a chequebook manager with a totally different set of requirements focused on negative football.

If Martinez was to go (and he should be given at minimum until xmas) then you employ someone who can build on his work, not destroy it.

You wont see arsenal hiring mourinho if wenger left.

Have to say, absolutely staggering to me that 204/739 voters, not including "others" as we don't know who they all chose, preferred a dross British Manager. 28% of voters. We have a billionaire owner now who apparently wants to take us to the top, and they chose this.
Staggering. Sometimes Everton supporters really do make me wonder...

Im not sure why posters dont think we could get an out of work Mourinho. He'd come for the right money and transfer pot.

Does make me wonder about peoples sanity though wanting a "chequebook manager" and also saying the fans would "give him time" all while posting insults about the current manager who has a contract with us.

Makes zero sense to employ a young attack minded long term focused manager to upgrade the squad and change the clubs culture and then sack him before he's finished his work then employ a chequebook manager with a totally different set of requirements focused on negative football.

If Martinez was to go (and he should be given at minimum until xmas) then you employ someone who can build on his work, not destroy it.

Mourinho (one of the best managers in the history of football)
or
Martinez (the fraud that is set to record back to back bottom half finishes with a very talented team)

Yeah, I wonder about peoples sanity too.

Last edited:

Have to say, absolutely staggering to me that 204/739 voters, not including "others" as we don't know who they all chose, preferred a dross British Manager. 28% of voters. We have a billionaire owner now who apparently wants to take us to the top, and they chose this.
Staggering. Sometimes Everton supporters really do make me wonder...

Are you classing Eddie Howe as dross??

Why should Martinez be given until xmas, just out of interest?

That'd be another season he'd potentially derail in addition to the last 2.

If he's going, he needs to go in the summer, or before. Give a new manager chance to bring in his own players and start a fresh for the new season.

Why should Martinez be given until xmas, just out of interest?

That'd be another season he'd potentially detail in addition to the last 2.

If he's going, he needs to go in the summer, or before. Give a new manager chance to bring in his own players and start a fresh for the new season.

Because if there is any kind of diasaster the manager would be replaced prior to jan window.

Hes going nowhere anyway though.

do the maths mate..

Billionaire takes over a big club and wants to take them to the top, and you would chose Eddie Howe?

Never said I'd choose Howe, but it's a bit harsh to call him dross after all he has achieved at a young age.

Maybe, his advisors will recommend Howe as the next big manager in the premier league, he has the potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back