Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should aim high, no messing send a message from this Great Club and it's new ownership, that we were the original biggest club in UK and will be again, we have the squad, looks like we have the potential money to give a Mourinho type the chance to make us the force we all want to be! Nil Satis Nisi Optimum and all that stands for, come on Everton let's [Poor language removed] do this. COYB!

Never said I'd choose Howe, but it's a bit harsh to call him dross after all he has achieved at a young age.

Maybe, his advisors will recommend Howe as the next big manager in the premier league, he has the potential.
Do you think Man U or Chelsea or any other big team looking to win things will go for that?
The "new Everton's" days of this are over. Yet 1 in 4 want Howe, Moyes or, I shudder to even say it, Hughes.

Because if there is any kind of diasaster the manager would be replaced prior to jan window.

Hes going nowhere anyway though.

But then he's still messed up another season?

I've seen nothing in his 3 years here to suggest he's learning or willing to adapt, the mistakes he/we made in his first season are still being made now. The problems Wigan fans had with him are now problems we've got with him.

He's not going to learn or change, he's stubborn and set in his ways. I don't see how people think he deserves more time when he's done nothing throughout his managerial career to suggest he'd use that time to change anything?

Do you think Man U or Chelsea or any other big team looking to win things will go for that?
The "new Everton's" days of this are over. Yet 1 in 4 want Howe, Moyes or, I shudder to even say it, Hughes.

I wouldn't quite put us at the Man United or Chelsea level just yet, think your jumping the gun a bit.

But then he's still messed up another season?

I've seen nothing in his 3 years here to suggest he's learning or willing to adapt, the mistakes he/we made in his first season are still being made now. The problems Wigan fans had with him are now problems we've got with him.

He's not going to learn or change, he's stubborn and set in his ways. I don't see how people think he deserves more time when he's done nothing throughout his managerial career to suggest he'd use that time to change anything?

"Messed up another season"

Weve finished 5th in his first season during which he assessed the squad.

We then finished 11th during which he began building the squad from the absolute disgrace of a squad moyes left.

This season weve had a very fine line between success and failure and with a game in hand could sit 9th which is pretty much a fair position for the squad.

Next season the aim would be top 6 after strengthening in the summer but i really dont know what people expect this and last season while hes building the squad with little money compared to others around us.

We then finished 11th during which he began building the squad from the absolute disgrace of a squad moyes left.

This season weve had a very fine line between success and failure and with a game in hand could sit 9th which is pretty much a fair position for the squad.

Next season the aim would be top 6 after strengthening in the summer but i really dont know what people expect this and last season while hes building the squad with little money compared to others around us.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Moyes left him with a top 6 squad. Now we're in 12th after finishing 11th last season.

If you're going to come out with utterly ridiculous statements like this you can't expect to be taken seriously.

He finished 5th on the back of the squad Moyes left him? & the 'disgrace' of a squad Moyes left included Coleman, Jagielka, Oviedo, Mirallas, Stones & Barkley. 6 of the starting 11 on Saturday.

He's recruited well Martinez but every season we've had under him since the first season - which was built on Moyes' foundations - we look less & less like the top 6 side that Moyes left him with.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Moyes left him with a top 6 squad. Now we're in 12th after finishing 11th last season.

If you're going to come out with utterly ridiculous statements like this you can't expect to be taken seriously.

No, moyes left a team that "he" could get top 6 playing percentage football.

Howard
baines distin jagielka coleman
Mirallas gibson osman pienaar
Fellaini
jelavic

The bench is pretty shocking as well. That side would likely be competing with villa if it tried to play anything other than % football.

Clearly the entire squad needed a total overhaul and yet this is what Martinez has been doing...doesnt happen overnight and hes only signed Galloway and Mori for the defence so far...

Sounds like you think we should be top 6 ahead of:

Man city
spurs
arsenal
liverpool
chelsea
West ham (same as martinez 1st season)
man utd
leicester (one off season)

That puts us 9th which we will be if we win our game in hand...stoke have also spent more money so 10th?

Other than prize money whats the difference between 12th 9th and 8th...nothing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Just like Sir Alex left Moyes with a Champions squad.

Mourinho also started with a Champions squad this season. At some point, squads have to be rebuilt.

Howard
Fellaini
jelavic

The bench is pretty shocking as well. That side would likely be competing with villa if it tried to play anything other than % football.

Clearly the entire squad needed a total overhaul and yet this is what Martinez has been doing...doesnt happen overnight and hes only signed Galloway and Mori for the defence so far...

Man city
spurs
arsenal
liverpool
chelsea
man utd

That puts us 9th which we will be if we win our game in hand...stoke have also spent more money so 10th?

Do you actually believe this utter nonsense???

Was Martinez playing % football when he finished 5th with that disgraceful squad?

And to be honest any weaknesses that squad had were down to the lack of funds that Moyes was given to build it.

Howard
Fellaini
jelavic

Man city
spurs
arsenal
liverpool
chelsea
man utd

Left a squad with Baines, Jagielka, Oviedo, Mirallas, Barkley, Pienaar, Coleman, Stones and Fellaini. There's a lot of talent their, certainly a lot better than Moyes. Your claim of it being an absolute disgrace of a squad is ridiculous.

Also it makes me laugh how you say that Leicester have had a one off season. Martinez finished 5th, then 11th and now is in 12. Yet there is no chance of him finishing 5th being a one off season?

Just like Sir Alex left Moyes with a Champions squad.

Mourinho also started with a Champions squad this season. At some point, squads have to be rebuilt.
Moyes did a poor job with United and Mourinho had a stinker this season, I don't see your point. Their squads were a lot better than what they achieved with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back