Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping so. Not just Martinez, but any manager in charge of the football club. Martinez has been backed financially (by evertons standards anyway) more than any other manager in our history and we are still mid table.

Its a results business we have to win games you know it I know it Bobby knows it and Moshiri definitely knows it.

Remember when Tuchel was mooted this time last year and it was ridiculed by at least one poster. He's not doing too bad these days is he

Does anyone think this calibre of manager would come to Everton? I know the Premier League is currently very attractive, and we are financially in a better position now we have Moshri on board, but I'd be surprised if they didn't have better offers. We aren't a club who can buy top of the range players, probably can't attract top name managers either.
Benitez at Newcastle? So why not

Benitez at Newcastle? So why not
Like I've said in a previous post. Any new manager would be delighted to take on the squad that Martinez has assembled. It's not like the job Benitez has got at Newcastle, that club is rotten to the core and a number of players are absolute dross. It's going to be a big job to turn that around.
What Everton need is a coach/manager to get the best out of an under performing squad. A new owner with vision, talented youthful squad, increased TV money and a big fan base. The club has all the ingredients a new manager would want.

Did we turn into Real Madrid over night mate?

Nope obviously not mate, but If he doesn't get the United job and he wants to stay in this league as a manager then honestly wtf is he going to go?

oh and before the sarky post in reply mate, it is a hypothetical replacement thread so by the nature of it really it's speculation and flights of fancy in the main, Still remember the rs thread and the amount of laughing at them for thinking they had a chance to get Klopp, similarly two months ago who'd think that Newcastle would be on the verge of appointing the FSW, both those point to the changing landscape thats hitting the league due to the sheer stupid amounts of money coming into it now, teams that appointed Hodgson and Rodgers and Carver and McClaren are now appointing Klopp and Benetez, city go from Hughes and Pelligrinohawk to Guardiola etc

I'd be less shocked at us appointing Mourinho than i have been at us being bought out by a billionaire who knows footy and has the richest bloke in Russia as his best mate, think that sums up my thoughts on it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back