Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marieeneo???

ade85d49cf38192dd40b5fba4d9b89091e404e66_hq.gif

/obligatory "please stop the gifs in EFC forum" sentence.....

I'd be quite pro-this.

Funnily enough he'd end up with his coveted Stones (and Ross), but what would his relationship with Lukaku be?

Also, are there any reliable sources for this? (please, no Sun links)

Its actually more the kids afraid of change which is why Martinez is getting a rough time of it....zero parience for the changes he is making.

Signing Mourinho would be a disaster. Kiss goodbye to the young players and youth system and welcome back to negative football.

So you would rather fancy football over winning trophies? and there is your martinez supporter. I must have missed Chelsea win the league at a canter, ripping teams apart (including us) in the process, but oh no he actually sets up a defence get rid!

Still can't quite get my head around the fact that it appears we are in a position to consider (or where others and the press consider) the likes of Mourinho as a possible option for us.

I'm not sure that we fit in with the way he operates as he does appear to be a very short term option who can turn sour just as quickly as he delivers - but on the other hand it would be interesting to see how he copes with a project like ours. I thought he had lost the plot a bit as Chelsea started to slip away from him this time and he started to bore me a bit. I think a step into a slightly different challenge than he is used to could reinvogorate him though and would be a true test of his ability.

Its actually more the kids afraid of change which is why Martinez is getting a rough time of it....zero parience for the changes he is making.

Signing Mourinho would be a disaster. Kiss goodbye to the young players and youth system and welcome back to negative football.

So you're saying Kids afraid of change are the ones who don't want to change manager? How does that work? I went to my first game in 1984 at home to Grimsby, we lost 1-0, it was dark, cold and lashing down.

I mix with loads of football people on a daily basis, loads of good blues and I've yet to meet anyone in person who actually supports what the manager is doing, not 1. But it's not the manager's personality or anything people don't like, it's the football results. If he changed his ways and we suddenly started getting the most out of the squad, then people like myself wouldn't have an issue with him.

Am i the only one who would actually be gutted if we end up with Mourinho. I get that he has won the title etc. but he is in and out at clubs before you know it and seems to be very divisive with players, management, coaching staff, team doctors etc, As proven at pretty much every club he has been at after a season or two.

Am i the only one who would actually be gutted if we end up with Mourinho. I get that he has won the title etc. but he is in and out at clubs before you know it and seems to be very divisive with players, management, coaching staff, team doctors etc, As proven at pretty much every club he has been at after a season or two.

It would be a BIG risk and I agree with all the points you highlight.

Personally I dont think he would even consider us (even if we might have some cash).

If he did (big if) I think it would be an interesting prospect and a whole new type of challenge for him - we dont exactly fit the mould of where he usualy goes. So I think even he would get that, and would have to adapt his style/approach in order to be able to realise any success with us.

I also wonder if the bigger clubs that he usually bails out are now wise to his short term stays at places and it is that sort of angle to him that is cooling the likes of the talk of Man U or other big hitters.

The slight concern at the back of the mind is that he needs to take on a project like us to prove that there is more to him than the usual short term at established big club entry on the CV.

Interesting times ahead!

Could definitely see Mourinho coming here, great squad already, money to spend, less pressure than if he took over at United, up and coming club who he could achieve a lot with in 3 years. That's not even mentioning how obscenely well we pay our managers. Jose, being a proven winner who hasn't been relegated, would at least justify being in the top 20 paid managers in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back