Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
545cff0c4ee36.jpg

Anyone who thinks Mourinho is not suitable for Everton is looking at it the wrong way. One accusation is he doesn't stay long. At Chelsea, he was basically sacked both times. Abramovic forced him to play Shevchenko and brought in Avram Grant as director of football which undermined Mourinho. He left Real Madrid for Chelsea because he stated 'only one club loves me'. The man is special. They sacked him after all he had done for that club and after he returned them to being champions.

Everton could be a club that loves him more than Chelsea. He is just a winner.

Check out these stats:

Between Feb 2002 and April 2011 he went 150 home games straight unbeaten with Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid. What is our home record this season?!

After that was broken he embarked on another 45 unbeaten home record with Real Madrid and Chelsea until a cheating diving Sunderland team ended it in April 2014.

Before this season, before he got sacked in December, he had a managerial record of a trophy every 39 games. In 10 consecutive years of domestic management, he delivered a league title for the club he managed 8 out of 10 times. Between 2003 and 2012, he did not go without a trophy, every season, without fail.

Mourinho suits us and we would all love him. Everton would not lose their soul with money and Mourinho would love being our manager. As @davek said, if RM stays and we win the cup we won't be giving him 10 games. If Mourinho got us Cl or a title we would not turn on him the next season like Chelsea did.

I am loving the twitter rumours. People have been saying it won't happen, either that it is a dream or that RM won't be sacked, I don't see it that way.

The project, the players, the club, it is a perfect fit. If we believe it can happen, it will happen.

Last edited:
Lol at someone voting Eddie Howe again. Everton supporters really make me wonder....

People saying Eddie Howe are only doing so because he was a Evertonian as a kid. There not really thinking it out, just plucking names. For me he is too young for one thing, we have done the young manager learning his trade with the last two. Also he hasn't really done that much that should impress us, we want to challenge for Europe, something he hasn't done for a start, he has done well at his level but we want someone who has either managed at our level or where we want to be.

If it comes to that ...that Roberto will get sacked....we have to aim higher with manager appointment. All these shouts about Howe, Pereira etc... is total bs. We'd want a proven big hitter who instantly lifts us to the next level.

Lets see what happends tomorrow first, though

this is really annoying me now ive always stood by Martinez
i don't think ive once said Martinez out but i don't see what more he can do
certainly an eye for a player but we've been hit and miss for too long now
he needs to go. ffs.. can't even watch his interviews anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back