Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we find a dead King under a car park in Liverpool, then fine.

Until then, its a no from me.

Fair enough, mate. I understand the aversion towards him.

I just baulk at all these unproven foreign managers who are being bigged-up on here and the bigger names who have failed.

image.png

Because apparently he asked for Demba Ba from Chelsea and was given Lukaku by Mourinho. Besides Lukaku scored 17 goals in his previous season so it's not like he was a risky signing.

If we hadn't of signed Lukaku and Barry on deadline day and both were last minute jobs we could have easily struggled even in his first season. Those last minute jobs are pure luck. Now you will notice I didn't put McCarthy into that bracket because with him I understand Martinez was just waiting for the sale of Fellaini to go through as is the way with Everton. His signings since then aren't anything to write home about.

Martinez should go to Spain and try and get a job for a mid table team there but that's not our problem any more.

He wouldn't have "asked" for Demba Ba, he'd have put in an offer and had a yes or no. That's assuming he ever made an offer for him. At the time Lukaku was unsettled when he returned to Chelsea but it wasn't until he missed that pen that it even became remotely speculated about that he might leave, and even then only on loan again. It was a surprise to everyone that he signed for us and it was Martinez that persuaded him to sign, he developed a very quick personal relationship with him and we'll profit massively because of it. Everything else is speculation. As I've said before, his other signings were cover, teachers and youth. You can't expect much from covers, teachers like Barry can always turn out good or bad and youth takes time to show its face.

He wouldn't have "asked" for Demba Ba, he'd have put in an offer and had a yes or no. That's assuming he ever made an offer for him. At the time Lukaku was unsettled when he returned to Chelsea but it wasn't until he missed that pen that it even became remotely known he might leave. It was a surprise to everyone that he signed for us and it was Martinez that persuaded him to sign, he developed a very quick personal relationship with him and we'll profit massively because of it. Everything else is speculation. As I've said before, his other signings were cover, teachers and youth. You can't expect much from covers, teachers like Barry can always turn out good or bad and youth takes time to show its face.
Yes mate I agree. Come back Martinez all is forgiven ffs

Don't get me wrong - as a whole we are being linked with quality names: Koeman, Pellegrini, de Boer...... But after watching two of their games in the past week and doing some research I can't help but be excited about the prospect of Emery. I think he could be a real turning point for the club......
Is it true they didn't win a single away game last season

He wouldn't have "asked" for Demba Ba, he'd have put in an offer and had a yes or no. That's assuming he ever made an offer for him. At the time Lukaku was unsettled when he returned to Chelsea but it wasn't until he missed that pen that it even became remotely known he might leave. It was a surprise to everyone that he signed for us and it was Martinez that persuaded him to sign, he developed a very quick personal relationship with him and we'll profit massively because of it. Everything else is speculation. As I've said before, his other signings were cover, teachers and youth. You can't expect much from covers, teachers like Barry can always turn out good or bad and youth takes time to show its face.
It was between us and West Brom. I don't think it took much persuasion. He then had a further 5 transfer windows and has left us with two signings we will be lucky to get rid of, one for a lot of money. Hardly stellar work.

He wouldn't have "asked" for Demba Ba, he'd have put in an offer and had a yes or no. That's assuming he ever made an offer for him. At the time Lukaku was unsettled when he returned to Chelsea but it wasn't until he missed that pen that it even became remotely speculated about that he might leave, and even then only on loan again. It was a surprise to everyone that he signed for us and it was Martinez that persuaded him to sign, he developed a very quick personal relationship with him and we'll profit massively because of it. Everything else is speculation. As I've said before, his other signings were cover, teachers and youth. You can't expect much from covers, teachers like Barry can always turn out good or bad and youth takes time to show its face.
He's in the skip mate, because he was utter bilge

Let's leave it there eh..

Status
Not open for further replies.