NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL.

Burrow's OL is the worst in the league. They were ranked 32nd at the end of the regular season. The Titans sacked Burrow NINE times last week, and got a bunch more pressures. QBs don't historically survive in those circumstances, let alone win games.

Mahomes lost last year behind a makeshift OL... Burrow just won behind an OL that is WORSE. Ergo, Burrow > Mahomes.
Whatever you say - all I will say is the Chiefs dont make it as far as they did, if Burrow is our QB.

By his standards you know as well as I do, Mahomes massively underperformed yesterday.

So weird that the NFL went 54 years without a team ever playing at home in the SB, and now two years in a row it’s happened. Bodes well for the Cardinals next year.

Whatever you say - all I will say is the Chiefs dont make it as far as they did, if Burrow is our QB.

By his standards you know as well as I do, Mahomes massively underperformed yesterday.
If the Chiefs and Bengals swapped QBs, the Chiefs win last night by 20. Because Mahomes has a track record of failing when his OL is beat up or otherwise under-strength, and Burrow does not.

Mahomes did what Mahomes always does under pressure... Implodes. Makes immature mistakes. As you said yourself: a meltdown.

If the Chiefs and Bengals swapped QBs, the Chiefs win last night by 20.

Mahomes did what Mahomes always does under pressure... Implodes. Makes immature mistakes. As you said yourself: a meltdown.
Always does under pressure - like last week vs the Bills? Where he had 13 seconds to save the season and played a flawless game throughout ?

Or in the Super Bowl against the niners where he single handedly won the game.

Or multiple other occasions - too many to list here - which is why he has the highest winning percentage of any qb with his number of games played .

Always does under pressure - like last week vs the Bills? Where he had 13 seconds to save the season and played a flawless game throughout ?

Or multiple other occasions - too many to list here - which is why he has the highest winning percentage of any qb with his number of games played .
But not last night. When he melted down against the Bengals, for the second time in six weeks. This is a fast-moving league and the moment you stop progressing you are immediately going backwards, as Mahomes is.

Mahomes is not clutch. He's very good, but not clutch. Stick him on a weak team, with a poor OL and poor run defense, let's see him succeed there.

If he can do that, then he's clutch. Like Joe Burrow.

But not last night?

Mahomes is not clutch. He's very good, but not clutch. Stick him on a weak team, with a poor OL and poor run defense, let's see him succeed there.

If he can do that, then he's clutch. Like Joe Burrow.
I was responding to your false claim that he always that he always implodes under pressure

That statement alone shows you can’t be taken seriously

In fact other than Brady he has shown himself to be the most clutch performer in history

He's a decent quarterback. But he's nowhere near Burrow imo. Burrow got smashed 9 times by the Titans D and still came up with a win. Mahomes needs everything to be perfect or he collapses

He's a decent quarterback. But he's nowhere near Burrow imo. Burrow got smashed 9 times by the Titans D and still came up with a win. Mahomes needs everything to be perfect or he collapses
Let’s see Burrow make 4 straight AFC title games winning half and 2 Super Bowls, winning half and then he can be in the conversation.

I was responding to your false claim that he always that he always implodes under pressure

That statement alone shows you can’t be taken seriously

In fact other than Brady he has shown himself to be the most clutch performer in history
Hmmm. What was the score last night?

How many picks did Mahomes throw, under mediocre pass rush pressure, against a team with nondescript LBs and questionable corners?

Cherry-pick all you like. Last year I believe your excuse was the officials calling a rigged game. In fact, you claimed that against the Bengals a few weeks back too.

Why can't you comprehend the possibility that Mahomes ISN'T the best QB in history?

Let’s see Burrow make 4 straight AFC title games winning half and 2 Super Bowls, winning half and then he can be in the conversation.

The fact that Burrow is in the Superbowl is testament to his ability. You yourself had written them off because you rightly pointed out how bad their O-Line is but he came up with the goods when it mattered. Mahomes is Rodgers, one and done.

The fact that Burrow is in the Superbowl is testament to his ability. You yourself had written them off because you rightly pointed out how bad their O-Line is but he came up with the goods when it mattered. Mahomes is Rodgers, one and done.
Correction Mahomes went walkabout and the bengals d came up strong.

Burrow had a couple of clutch runs and that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back