NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah became a guard because of injuries. Versatile enough though.

Yup one of the most baffling thing for me is you Oline haha! Didn't Carroll once say he'd rather a project player than pay big for an oline player.

Wilson deserved much better lines. Easy for people to call him crap without understanding that he's had to put up with crap Olines in a division where Dlines are quite talented.

The crazy thing is several of the projects are starters with other teams. George Fant was basically a converted basketball power forward. I thought he did really well playing left tackle early on. He was offered a fat contract with the Jets and has been really good for them.

The Colts have a starting guard that was a converted 7th round DE that was drafted to be a guard.

Seems the instincts are right but the execution falls short.

I can see Rodgers retiring after a year or something now. That trade is bizarre. Either make it before all the free agents are signed up or don't make it. I personally think its mad to think Adams would actually have given up 20m by refusing to play. No one does that, not in a team likely to win a division.

I am pretty shocked the packers didn't demand a player as well. They didn't get great value.

I can see Rodgers retiring after a year or something now. That trade is bizarre. Either make it before all the free agents are signed up or don't make it. I personally think its mad to think Adams would actually have given up 20m by refusing to play. No one does that, not in a team likely to win a division.

I am pretty shocked the packers didn't demand a player as well. They didn't get great value.
Doubt Rodgers he retires, he will have known full well that Adams was going.

I’ve never known a division as strong as this , can anyone think of a time when there was a division as competitive as this ? My knowledge and memory won’t compare to some in here .
It's a reaction to Mahomes, I've never seen anything like it myself.

Contrast that with Brady in NE where the rest deliberately sabotaged themselves year after year.

Really pleased with the moves Cincinnati have made so far in FA. Alex Cappa at RG is an enormous upgrade over Hakeem Adeniji, and Ted Karras is light years ahead of Trey Hopkins and Quinton Spain, so it doesn't matter whether he ends up at C or LG.

Add JC Tretter or La'el Collins to that OL group too and it's an A+. To me, Tretter is the key. If he will join then Hopkins gets cut and the Bengals gain about £5m in cap space.

BJ Hill came back. Eli Apple came back. Cincinnati is doing a great job of setting up to adhere entirely to "Best Player Available" in every round of the draft. Exceptional work.

Considering the Bills were $6m over the cap going into free agency they’ve strengthened and retained the guys they wanted to. Sad to see Beasley, Feliciano and Harrison Phillips go, but we’ve gotta go all in for that Lombardi in the next year or 2, no room for sentiment.

Von Miller is expensive over 6 years but it’ll work out at about 3. If he can be near his best in that time then it’s justified.

What NFL pods does everyone listen to ? For me the athletic football show , the GM shuffle, NFL inside report . and sometimes around the NFL but they are a bit cringey .

Any better ones to recommend?

the quality and number of bears pods is high . Unlike Everton who don’t have one decent podcast .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back