NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the Dolphins got anyone else to worry about or will teams just double up on Hill and reduce the threat he brings? He was effective as a piece of the Chiefs’ Offensive puzzle. Be interesting to see how he fares as the entire offensive plan in Miami.

Have the Dolphins got anyone else to worry about or will teams just double up on Hill and reduce the threat he brings? He was effective as a piece of the Chiefs’ Offensive puzzle. Be interesting to see how he fares as the entire offensive plan in Miami.
Waddle is as fast, Parker is a real NFL receiver and Gesicki isn't half bad as a 4th option.

It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs adjust without their game changer gone. Defenses can dedicate less energy to coverage.

For me though I'd keep up the 8 in coverage until Mahomes can prove he can beat it.
It'll be interesting because you can throw curveballs now and have a chance of getting away with it. Also doubling Kelce becomes automatic. I really can't believe they did this. I think it could potentially completely shift the power in the AFC and it doesn't really feel like the discussion is at that level.

That’s what you have to do when your QB gets one-quarter of your entire salary cap. All that being said, Tyreek honestly doesn’t matter quite as much if everyone is playing cloud coverage and making Mahomes run around in circles in the pocket.

Waddle is as fast, Parker is a real NFL receiver and Gesicki isn't half bad as a 4th option.
No one is worried about Tua though and that’s where the whole ‘masterplan’ falls apart.

The Dolphins will be 8-9 for the next couple of years and crying over Hill’s contract.

Talked to a friend who is a fan of another team.

He convinced me. This isn't about the cap in the sense we could not afford Tyreek. We absolutely could have paid that contract, last year is a junk year. It would have been more like 3 years 75 million, 25 million cap hit range if we wanted.

No way this goes down without Andy and Mahomes signing off. Something else is going to go down.

I think the plan is to replace Hill with 2 very good weapons because Reid got tired of the games teams would play doubling Hill. He might be thinking, screw it, if you're going to double all the time might as well just put lots of weapons and make you play us straight up.

Dolphins have upgraded their OL in free agency: Terron Armstead coming in at left tackle and Connor Williams at guard. These two guys are really top tier (Williams got flagged a bit too much last year but it was an anomaly when looked at in the totality of his career to date) and will upgrade the existing run game and pass protection - the net result is the Dolphins were going to get more out of their existing offensive weapons anyway. Adding Hill to the mix ramps that effect up a notch or two more.

It'll be interesting because you can throw curveballs now and have a chance of getting away with it. Also doubling Kelce becomes automatic. I really can't believe they did this. I think it could potentially completely shift the power in the AFC and it doesn't really feel like the discussion is at that level.
It also rather signposts the plan the Chiefs will have to adopt in the draft. Now they have no vertical threat in their WR group they're going to have to either take Treylon Burks from Arkansas at #29 or hope Chris Olave (Ohio State) falls to them. I suppose they might package up a couple of picks and try to move up to take Drake London or Garret Wilson, but they'll have to find a trade partner willing to do so. Plus London is coming off a broken ankle, so Wilson is likely the first WR off the board, meaning he goes in the top ten.

Chiefs have painted themselves into a corner here. It will be interesting to see what they have up their sleeves.

Dolphins have upgraded their OL in free agency: Terron Armstead coming in at left tackle and Connor Williams at guard. These two guys are really top tier (Williams got flagged a bit too much last year but it was an anomaly when looked at in the totality of his career to date) and will upgrade the existing run game and pass protection - the net result is the Dolphins were going to get more out of their existing offensive weapons anyway. Adding Hill to the mix ramps that effect up a notch or two more.

dolphins have invested heavily in their offence and even if Tua is a dud they can get a top QB in the draft next year with the picks they have.
hopefully all of these moves mean the patriots are out of the play-offs for the foreseeable

London might go top 10 he's not gonna be there (I think he's ace but not a good fit in KC). The Chiefs definitely got worse w/ the trade at least for the short term.
Kinda amazing that Fournette will make the same guarenteed money over 3 years than Hill will make in 1/2 season. Fournette had pretty much the same total yards last year as Hill.

With top 8 No.1 WRs not getting 30M we are gonna see if having 75-80M in cap room tied up in 1 QB-1WR is a good thing.

No one is worried about Tua though and that’s where the whole ‘masterplan’ falls apart.

The Dolphins will be 8-9 for the next couple of years and crying over Hill’s contract.
The athletic pod reckons these moves are for life past Tua . So they’ll probably move on from him next year if things don’t work out

Talked to a friend who is a fan of another team.

He convinced me. This isn't about the cap in the sense we could not afford Tyreek. We absolutely could have paid that contract, last year is a junk year. It would have been more like 3 years 75 million, 25 million cap hit range if we wanted.

No way this goes down without Andy and Mahomes signing off. Something else is going to go down.

I think the plan is to replace Hill with 2 very good weapons because Reid got tired of the games teams would play doubling Hill. He might be thinking, screw it, if you're going to double all the time might as well just put lots of weapons and make you play us straight up.

I love the stories your mind concocts to protect itself from painful truths

The athletic pod reckons these moves are for life past Tua . So they’ll probably move on from him next year if things don’t work out
Well, at which point Hill is pushing 30. I doubt they get rid of him at the end of the coming year either anyway, more likely the season after.

I just dont get the logic, I mean they dont have a hope of taking Buffalo out in their division so why the massive investment in an area that doesnt seem to be that much of a need for them anyway? They will do well to make the playoffs frankly.

Vegas still has the Chiefs as only marginally behind the Bills in the Super Bowl betting, so they're not convinced this has weakened them. They still have the best jockey (Reid) and the best horse (Mahomes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back