NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHEWCHEWCHEW.gif

meanwhile in N'awlins Rob's getting fired up for the opener.

robryanragereturns.gif

Ow. That's way too much thinking for me. I've been out of FFL for about eight years. Too much bandwidth, especially with keeper leagues, individual defense picks, etc, etc...

One EPL pool and that's it. Gwladys Knights off to a strong start, but no $$ yet, of course.

I don't understand PL fantasy football (yet), but I'm also on the downside of my FFL days. We've moved onto Dynasty FFL, which is much easier as I have to draft (and scout, if I'm lazy) fewer players each year. I tried a NL-only FLB league for a few years, but that's nerd crack and I don't have any tolerance for that stuff.

I don't understand PL fantasy football (yet), but I'm also on the downside of my FFL days. We've moved onto Dynasty FFL, which is much easier as I have to draft (and scout, if I'm lazy) fewer players each year. I tried a NL-only FLB league for a few years, but that's nerd crack and I don't have any tolerance for that stuff.

Not really FFL. This is a simple year-long pool w/ weekly and yearly winners. Pick the winner of each game each week, w/ total goals as tie-breaker. Weekly payout is half the beans, yearly payout to top three finishers (60/30/10) the other half. Three points for the win, one point for a road draw, none for a home draw. Picks get in by 15 minutes of gametime. As most of us are programmers, we wrote our own app that we run it through. Easy peasy.

I love the NFL. Only complaint is the games just last too bloody long! I appreciate that sounds ridiculous coming from an outsider but its a hard sport to get on with as a TV fan outside the US.

Must sound a bit like a newbie soccer fan in the US moaning about drawn games in the premier league over here.

The number of Sunday nights I've stayed up late and regretted it the next morning..

I follow the Green Bay packers for no reason other than the headline story behind a small town team seemed attractive when it first kicked off over here many years ago. Not sure of the chances this year though....

I love the NFL. Only complaint is the games just last too bloody long! I appreciate that sounds ridiculous coming from an outsider but its a hard sport to get on with as a TV fan outside the US.

Must sound a bit like a newbie soccer fan in the US moaning about drawn games in the premier league over here.

The number of Sunday nights I've stayed up late and regretted it the next morning..

I follow the Green Bay packers for no reason other than the headline story behind a small town team seemed attractive when it first kicked off over here many years ago. Not sure of the chances this year though....

Rodgers is ready:

In the NFL, every year is different. You need a few good pieces, a deep team, maybe 1 or 2 surprise players, and a year without injury to go far in the playoffs. The Packers have a good shot at a great year; if you're going to pick one team to follow, the Pack is a good shout.

@SerenityNigh I've been following the Packers for over 20 years mate :) albeit had a mild flirtation with the Redskins early doors due to an aunt buying me Redskins pyjamas that were soooo soft and cuddly.

I remember Lombardi's time back in the 60's, when i was a kid. An American icon, but a hard, hard man to live with. Most of all, for himself.

That perfectionism will do it every time.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...r-begins/fad08244-b298-4659-b03c-39fe246e2f44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back