Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan Ferguson couldn't score in a barrel of fannies at Ibrox and is loved by Evertonians.

No one is pretending the SPL is comparable with the stronger leagues but to write off every player who plays here as being inferior is idiotic.

Rangers have had some wonderful players over the years, infact more than a good few of them also played with Everton.
He couldn't score in a barrel of fannies with us either, but it was his attitude, work rate and hold up play that made him a good player. It was only his passion and love for the club that made him a cult hero.

I wouldn't say every player who plays in the SPL is inferior, but Gary Hooper failed at League One Scunthorpe and is probably the SPL's best forward at the moment. Pedro Mendes was average at Portsmouth then went to Rangers and played like Maradona. David Weir left Everton because he was past it and 4 years later was still Ranger's captain and starting every week. So actually, I would. Sorry.

1 in 4 in a sh*t Premier League side is better than 3 in 5 at the Scottish champions. Jelavic's scoring record has been absolute gash at every other club he's been, who were all in league's nowhere near PL standard but a bit better than The SPL.

Danny Cadermarteri was one of the SPL's top scorers after being released by Huddersfield and going non league for a bit.

Rodallega is a bit like Doyle, does the work, strike rate is a bit poor. I have the same feelings about him as I do Doyle, would be good if used properly.

I don't know anything about Jelavic, but his strike rate at Rangers is quite irrelevant. A bit funny to see some people tear down the second division of the Bundesliga and MLS, which are probably both better leagues than the SPL.

Oh ffs I can't even be arsed trying to make my mind up about this fella anymore. Surely there's better options out there than Doyle/Rodallega/Jelly? If we've got £4m to spend let's go for someone else ffs.

:D
would be quite amazing if moyes would pay so much. it must be lower pricetag....or, who knows how much he has to spend
some here talked that we are to sign 1-3 players before tuesday?wow, could you imagine.

We won't have long to wait until we find out. Like Christmas Eve this is.

He couldn't score in a barrel of fannies with us either, but it was his attitude, work rate and hold up play that made him a good player. It was only his passion and love for the club that made him a cult hero.

I wouldn't say every player who plays in the SPL is inferior, but Gary Hooper failed at League One Scunthorpe and is probably the SPL's best forward at the moment. Pedro Mendes was average at Portsmouth then went to Rangers and played like Maradona. David Weir left Everton because he was past it and 4 years later was still Ranger's captain and starting every week. So actually, I would. Sorry.

Gary Hooper is the best forward in Scotland? That is hilarious. Davie Weir left Everton and played in a European final. Try again.

Gary Hooper is the best forward in Scotland? That is hilarious. Davie Weir left Everton and played in a European final. Try again.

Where you were soundly beaten by Zenit, tbf.

And don't say anything about Fiorentina because 1. To say they were a shadow of themselves against you is the understatement of the year and 2. We battered them and deserved to go through 2nd leg.

Personally I'd be very happy with Jelavic.

From what I've seen (which is a fair bit for Vienna and for Rangers) he's defo better than what we have.

However, we havnt even signed him yet so why all the arguments? You all know what we are like with transfers. It's bound to get messed up somewhere.

Honestly I'm going to send a few mates some of your comments on McMahon.....you obviously dont know the guy.

Ive met him several times through others and he loves liverpool and hates everton.....if you disagree then youre in your own world.

Sheedy was dead on about NZogbia being our target in the summer, something others later confirmed as did the papers.....LCAB pretty much outright wrote in a thread (i started on here naming sheedy on the source) that he was a clueless liar.

That to me is a charlatan + his 'more transfers in than out' comment in the summer was another lie....Sheedy is a respected poster who doesnt claim to be itk but receives info from an agent friend....I choose to believe him everyday of the week.

Ask away about McMahon. I know him and his family very well. His dad was good mates with my arl fella. I know their Maria very well us both being halewood girls. So fire away

Personally I'd be very happy with Jelavic.

From what I've seen (which is a fair bit for Vienna and for Rangers) he's defo better than what we have.

However, we havnt even signed him yet so why all the arguments? You all know what we are like with transfers. It's bound to get messed up somewhere.

he strangely reminds me of Miroslav Klose

Who's better then?

Yeah, a Europa league final which we deserved to be in if not for some awful luck and a tough draw. Plus we would have absolutely decimated you in it.

Don't be getting pissy because the SPL's poorer than even the Austrian league. And it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.