Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Non League Football

Last day of my English holiday included a game in London featuring 9th tier Fisher FC. The game was such a blast. Pretty good turnout it seemed for that level as well. Cheap snacks/drinks on top of it all made for a great fan experience.

View attachment 276369
Nice way to finish off an English holiday seeing grass routes footy, hope you enjoyed your stay.

Last day of my English holiday included a game in London featuring 9th tier Fisher FC. The game was such a blast. Pretty good turnout it seemed for that level as well. Cheap snacks/drinks on top of it all made for a great fan experience.

View attachment 276369
It's a pretty picturesque ground with Canary wharf behind it and being right next to the river.
Fisher used to be run by real shady south London villains but more of a community club now. 👍

Nantwich confirmed Jon Moran as their new manager, unbeaten in his 3 league games in charge.

0-0 at ht last night, second half capitulation and lost 4-0 away at Chase.

Lashed it down in Worksop last night, decent ground with a sizeable stand and covered terracing on three sides. A penalty save helped Prescot Cables to a 2-1 win.
View attachment 276704

Absolutely fantastic result for Cables last night.

Macc & Worksop have by far the biggest budgets in the league; you've went to both so far and gave them both a game and got a win to boot.

Absolutely fantastic result for Cables last night.

Macc & Worksop have by far the biggest budgets in the league; you've went to both so far and gave them both a game and got a win to boot.

Cables are being competitive in the NPL Premier this season, even though they are local rivals I am made up for them because it gives hope to all clubs at steps 3 and 4 that we can compete with the bigger clubs and make the step up the leagues.

Cables are being competitive in the NPL Premier this season, even though they are local rivals I am made up for them because it gives hope to all clubs at steps 3 and 4 that we can compete with the bigger clubs and make the step up the leagues.

I have absolutely no beef with any of the local rivals tbh. Except the Purps, but when you come in acting like the dogs bollocks and disrespect everyone, what do you expect?

I'd much rather travel to Prescot, Widnes than Hebburn, Morpeth and Stockton.

The bridge between top of NPLW and the bottom of the NPL is actually that great in my opinion.

It's easy to consolidate.

Sadly the bridge between NLN and NPL is far greater as both ourselves and Radcliffe are finding out.

I have absolutely no beef with any of the local rivals tbh. Except the Purps, but when you come in acting like the dogs bollocks and disrespect everyone, what do you expect?

I'd much rather travel to Prescot, Widnes than Hebburn, Morpeth and Stockton.

The bridge between top of NPLW and the bottom of the NPL is actually that great in my opinion.

It's easy to consolidate.

Sadly the bridge between NLN and NPL is far greater as both ourselves and Radcliffe are finding out.

This. Horrible kopite energy all over them. But yeah I agree, it’s a completely different vibe to the tribalism of Premier League football. I have no dislike for any of the local teams, I have friends who are fans of Cables, Runcorn, Warrington and Marine.

This. Horrible kopite energy all over them. But yeah I agree, it’s a completely different vibe to the tribalism of Premier League football. I have no dislike for any of the local teams, I have friends who are fans of Cables, Runcorn, Warrington and Marine.

They're run by two ex-LFC season ticket holders.

But local rivalries are good at this level, as there's always a level of respect.
They just seem to cause chaos. There was a scrap when we played them at Vauxhall the year we went up.

Right now, I'm amazed they're even alive still. Crowds must be lose to 100, despite what they claim.

But ideal world two of

Vauxhall, Bootle, Widnes, Runcorn make it out the West this season

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back